.38 Special and Solo 1000

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody have any recipes for .38 Special with Solo 1000? I'm running J&K 158 gr. lead bullets. I've got a bunch of this stuff and want to use it with the .38 as well. Thanks.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
solo is now marketed by alliant powders.some info i found on the reloading forums were starting at 3.5 for mild up to around 4.7-4.8. one forum mentioned loading as if you were using bullseye.i would recheck that one before i tried it though.

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
solo is now marketed by alliant powders.some info i found on the reloading forums were starting at 3.5 for mild up to around 4.7-4.8. one forum mentioned loading as if you were using bullseye.i would recheck that one before i tried it though.

Well, bullseye is rated right above Solo 1k on the burn charts so thats within reason. Solo is still made by Accurate not Alliant. Check their websites. Which reloading forums did you find the info on?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
SDR, I would think that you could use starting data for Alliant's American Select. My Hornady chart has them right next to each other. Here what the Hornady 7th edition has:

#2 = Bullseye

#10 = AA Nitro 100
#12 = American Select
#13 = AA Solo 1000
#17 = Win 231

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I forgot I had some Unique, so I loaded 50 rds of it. I do not like it though, it does not measure consistently. Makes it hard to get an accurate string of weighted charges to expirement with. PITA! So, I'll probably be selling a pound of Unique sometime soon.

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shot my Unique loads today through my 686. They shot pretty good but very dirty. I did manage to find loads for the .38 on Accurate powders website for Solo 1000 so I'm going to try that soon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom