.380 vs. 9mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If I choose to carry a .380 it will be one of two that I feel will give me the muzzle velocity to make the .380 perform as best she can. It will be either my Beretta 85FS or my Browning BDA380. Granted there are better guns out there to carry, but I have confidence that either of these two will get the job done. Both of these have almost a four inch barrel which gives you maximum performance for the .380, compaired to the small pocket guns with barrels as short as some snubnosed revolvers. If I'm going to carry a small pocket gun its going to be a SW J-frame loaded with 158grLSWCHP+P.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
true enough... OT but don't trust those auto mouse guns. unless of course I've had a chance to buff & polish everything inside, then send a few hundred carry round downstream. then do to the inevitable FTF, etc... just not worth the hassles.

carrying .38 +P or .357 in a 340PD... so yes I'm in favor of the larger round. carried a PPK in .380 for years.... despite it's lower firepower...wouldn't want to be in front a .380

PM9 ain't much bigger than a P3AT. Definitely small enough for a pocket pistol.

Between that and the PF9, there's no reason for me to carry a .380.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
there's no comparison in firepower between 9mm and .380
there's also no comparison in size of a 9mm pistol vs .380 pistol

don't like all this talk about .380 being a pea shooter... it made not be near powerful as it's larger 9mm cousin. but it would be a mistake to underestimate the hurt of getting shot by a .380

.22 have been known to kill .... a .380 is a sight more powerful than a .22

Stopping someone and killing someone hours later is different. I'm not too impressed with the denim gel tests I've seen in .380

Latest posts

Top Bottom