4 pack of 3/8" AR500 small silhouetttes at Wideners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
3/8" AR500 will handle quite abit of punishment. I have some 3/8" AR500 poppers that have been hit by a 338 Lapua Magnum at 500yds with no damage to them at all. I have also seen similar targets take hits with the 338LM at 100yds with very very minor impression left. For pistols of any caliber, the targets should be good for whatever you want to shoot them with. The edges might be a different story depending on how the targets were cut. Mine were plasma cut, so the edges that have been hit directly have a dent in them. That doesn't cause any issues with working fine or create cracks.

One recommendation is to not use the same target for shooting with rifles as shooting with pistols. The small impressions that could be left from the rifle rounds can cause splashback or richocet from the pistol bullets.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've shot 3/8" AR500 with 338 Lapua.

ETA: It was vdub's, lol. Those wideners targets are cut with a torch/plasma. The edges will get beat up pretty bad. My 1/2" thick target was water jet cut and the edges are much stronger.

Latest posts

Top Bottom