44 mag lever actions anybbody?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pigguy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
looking at either a marlin or henry big boy,anybody have experience with these?going to mount an optic on it so don't want a Winchester and the older rugers are hard to find.thank you for your responses.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
looking at either a marlin or henry big boy,anybody have experience with these?going to mount an optic on it so don't want a Winchester and the older rugers are hard to find.thank you for your responses.

I have an older Marlin, one of my favorite guns to shoot, and a tack driver with iron sights.

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Isn't there some issue with the Henry centerfires that if you partially open the action like to check if loaded you must fully cycle the action in order to be ready to fire?

It was like it would not go fully into battery if was partially opened.

I would look into an older Marlin or a model 92 clone but that's me

Sent via message in a bottle

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

257wby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Puma stainless Model 92 carbine in 44mag. Fit and finish on this gun is really good, especially for the price. I love shooting mine and am able to hit an 8" gong at 100 yards over and over. Still want to take a deer with it, but haven't spent enough time in the woods yet. If you can find a Browning Model 92 I would pick it up in a heart beat. Personally I prefer the Model 92 over 94. The Henry Big Boy is a fine rifle. My uncle has one and I borrowed it for a bit. The action may be a bit smoother, but it is a lot more money. I picked up the Puma at Gander Mountain in Wichita back in 2006 for $369. I would buy many more at that price.

furlong222

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
have 2 older marlins - 357 - 44 - you cant beat them, other than price. I have a red dot on the 44 and that is perfect....minute of deer at 125 yds...

get a marlin if you can otherwise look at the rossi or henry.

plus, it carries enough rounds to be a SHTF rifle....especially with the red dot....

Z71

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I own a Rossi/Taurus M92 stainless .44 mag...pretty decent rifle and I really like it.

The only thing I've done to it was delete the bolt safety and remodel the rear sight just a bit to get it on target at close range. The newer Rossi carbines also have scope base holes underneath the rear sight..and Rossi/Taurus/Braztec offer a scope base to fit

Latest posts

Top Bottom