44 mag lever actions anybbody?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ridurall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked up a Big Boy for my wife back in 2011 and it's a great shooter for a 44 Magnum. At first I purchased the Henry 1 BB-CSM - Cantilever scope mount for it and it broke on the 6th round. It was made out of some light weight metal that felt kind of like cast pot metal. I had torqued it to 20lbs like the instructions said but the bolts pulled through the metal. I was not happy with it. They gave my $35 back on it and I then purchased a Skinner Brass Peep Sight for it and love it. http://www.skinnersights.com/henry_rifles_18.html I'm impressed with it as an aftermarket peepe sight with an insert allowing for adjustment according to the light conditions.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rimfire a are good to go! The centerfires are the ones that are troubled in my mind

Sent via message in a bottle

Buddy of mine got a Henry .44LC. Several of us do a Tuesdays eat and shoot at a local restaurant and then go to the Ponca Range to shoot. We fired it for the first time last week, and then shot it again yesterday. Just playing with it off a not-real-steady rest, I shot a 3" group with irons at 100 yds.
So far that rifle has worked pretty good.

I need to see about the "checking the chamber" thing. That would suck if it you have to jack the round out to make sure the chamber is loaded. Then how do you check the next one? LOL

Buddy short stroked the lever a couple of times, and I caught it visually, watching it not pick up the round, but he couldn't tell, and snapped on an empty chamber.

Learning curve on a lever gun I guess.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those Rugers are awesome. Seen one for sale at Chickasha gun show last month.

I have a Browning BL-92 .44Mag. Have had 30+ yrs, love it. Many deer and hogs have tasted its medicine.
Just got a Henry, it is heavier and longer, good shooter.

Relentless

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an M92 in 480 ruger. I put a big loop on it, action job and new sights and it's good to go. I have shot quite a few deer with it, they don't ever go anywhere.

Latest posts

Top Bottom