44 mag rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

underpar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
image.jpgThink I figured it out! Here she is!

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
View attachment 30665

Received the Rossie CJ Thursday. Took her to the farm today and let the lead fly! I am truly happy that I went with this rifle. Was very surprised with the accuracy and the lack of a scorched forearm. The "flash plate thingy" did a great job of deflecting the pressure/heat away from your forearm!

When I figure the pic thing out, I'll post her up the right way!

Nice! There's just something about them that makes them fun to shoot.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know why but I can't view pictures posted like that. When I click on them my screen turns black, while pictures posted by putting the image code into the text box work just fine.

Anywho, I'm sure it looks great. Congrats on the new gun!

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't know why but I can't view pictures posted like that. When I click on them my screen turns black, while pictures posted by putting the image code into the text box work just fine.

Anywho, I'm sure it looks great. Congrats on the new gun!

Open it in a new window, my phone is the same way

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ack! The thought of foreign made American "old west"era style guns. I've got a Winchester 94 in .44 magnum and it is a sweeet gun, that's my suggestion. I also own a Henry Big Boy in .45LC which is a beautiful gun so I would recommend them for a .44 mag also. Just my opinion, not everyone believes the same thing.

2nd This^^^^^

For what it is worth the W94 in 45LC can be handloaded to push 250gr to 300gr lead out the barrel at 1400 to 1500 FPS using a powder like AA9 or HS6. I called Winchester way back in 2003 or 2004 and asked what the 94 could handle and they said up to 27,000 PSI without issue (that's PSI not CUP which is used to spec 45LC). Those pack a whole lot of wollop. In my experience 45LC brass lasts a lot longer than 44mag brass (been using the same 45LC brass for almost 10 years without issue) and with prices being what they are the cost of brass can be an issue.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you on an apple product? if so just hold down on the thumbnail and a menu should popup asking if you want to open in a new window

No, its a Toshiba tablet that's android based but I'll try that also.

Edit: it sort of worked, I got it to open in a new tab but the picture was tiny. Anywho, I learned something so thanks :)

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you do start reloading you can make good plinking loads with a .440 round ball ahead of some unique. I can't remember how much unique I used but what I started with would smoke the cases and I had to increase the charge weight.

Seat the ball deep enough to put a crimp just over the largest diameter of the ball.