.45 ACP developed load J&K Bullets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Scott how much smoke are you getting with the AA#5? I am looking at loadings right now for .45 that will work my G21 and her Gold Cup. I have never used the 200 grain just the 230. Let me know how that works. Thanks.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Scott how much smoke are you getting with the AA#5? I am looking at loadings right now for .45 that will work my G21 and her Gold Cup. I have never used the 200 grain just the 230. Let me know how that works. Thanks.
I'd have to say it's about an average amount and that it's a bit dirty because it's on lowest end of the load range. I loaded up a mess of them and at the time AA#5 was the only powder I had on hand that would work. AA#5 is a fantastic powder for .45 but it's best at full power levels. In fact, there's none better IMO, especially with hotly loaded HP bullets. But for light target loads there are far better choices. I may load up some WST loads this weekend. :D

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mitch I've got 500 of the 230gr, planned to use regular Clay's and maybe some Titegroup. Any load data for those?
I have 4.0gr of Clays at 1.25 COL. Anyone have a Titegroup load for the 230gr? I had ruled TG out as being too hot, but I am now seeing many people using it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom