458 Socom FINALLY

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been wanting one FOREVER....like since before I moved to Oklahoma. But I always put it off.
Need to do final assembly of upper, this is just tossed together since the last few parts finally came in.
Aero big bore upper/Aero lower/Aero Carry Handle/Aero S-one 16.6" handguard
Radian Raptor Charging handle
Tromix Barrel/bolt
Scalarworks Peak front iron
Magpul fixed rifle stock

It's kinda different. Can't do anything unique on the platform but it's not the same ole same ole. I have everything to load for it and plan on some spicy 325gr FTX loads.

20230818_113910.jpg

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to the big boy toy! I'm not sure you need to load spicy, the only part of a 325 grain flex tip I ever found in a pig was just the flex tip. All of them have completely exited a pig up to the 300# range! I've had pigs run off hit by all sorts of stuff, but never had one run off with the SOCOM. Maybe I'm more accurate with the SOCOM🤪

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Been wanting one FOREVER....like since before I moved to Oklahoma. But I always put it off.
Need to do final assembly of upper, this is just tossed together since the last few parts finally came in.
Aero big bore upper/Aero lower/Aero Carry Handle/Aero S-one 16.6" handguard
Radian Raptor Charging handle
Tromix Barrel/bolt
Scalarworks Peak front iron
Magpul fixed rifle stock

It's kinda different. Can't do anything unique on the platform but it's not the same ole same ole. I have everything to load for it and plan on some spicy 325gr FTX loads.

View attachment 402845
I'm a big fan of those handguards.

Nice build.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welcome to the big boy toy! I'm not sure you need to load spicy, the only part of a 325 grain flex tip I ever found in a pig was just the flex tip. All of them have completely exited a pig up to the 300# range! I've had pigs run off hit by all sorts of stuff, but never had one run off with the SOCOM. Maybe I'm more accurate with the SOCOM🤪

Being full honest, it's a range toy. I might hunt with it at some point but it's more of a novelty. Loading spicy is just for my enjoyment. See what kind of energy I can get out of them.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of those handguards.

Nice build.

It may not seem like it, but I put alot of thinking into trying to make this handguard work. I really wanted a semi-tucked but sleek look, hence the handguard, irons and barrel length.
And my first gas block (CMT JAG) was too tight for my liking. This one (Troy Micro) is still tight but better.

Latest posts

Top Bottom