4Sevens clearance sale at Going Gear.com...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As most of you know by now, I am quite the flashlight nerd. :respect:

So when I ran across this sale, I have to admit...I did a little happy dance. :woohoo1:

Recently, 4Sevens has underwent a logo change. Therefore, they are putting all of their old logo lights on clearance. :rolleyes2 Seems kinda silly to me, but oh well. :ugh2:

Because of this, Going Gear.com acquired their entire warehouse of old logo lights and are selling them dirt cheap!

Here's the link...

http://goinggear.com/clearance?manufacturer=37

If you know your lights, you know the 4Sevens brand. They rank right on up there with guys like Surefire and Streamlight and are slightly better (IMHO) than Fenix...but just by a touch. If Fenix would put forward clicky switches in their lights, they would be just as good as 4Sevens in my books.

Anyway, with the holidays fastly approaching, 4Sevens lights make awesome Christmas gifts! :thumb:

Happy shopping everybody! :sunbath:

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks, GED! I was telling my sisters they needed to throw out their crappy K-Mart flashlights with anemic bulbs and get some quality units from 4Sevens. They pooh-poohed me, not knowing how much better those flashlights are than what they have. Now I have my Christmas shopping done :thumb:

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I see 4 models that will accept AA batteries between $35-$40. One of you self proclaimed torch nerds want to educate me on which one I should get?

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I only see 3 of the 9 that take AA batteries.

The two Quark "X" flashlights are pretty much the same except for the user interface; regular vs. tactical. The regular one can scroll through all the modes easier where as the tactical you program to the two modes you use the most. If you want to switch modes, you have to program the other(s) in. It doesn't cycle through all it's available modes as easily. I like the tactical though because it has the momentary mode always available (you don't have to fully click it on). The regular doesn't have momentary. It's a simple on/off.

Those are both XM-L LEDs. The third AA flashlight is an XP-G R5. The XM-L is a brighter LED in lumens. The XP-G has a head design to give it a little better throw (distance) where the XM-L will have better flood and more lumens. The XP-G has better battery life though. It will last twice as long on high (85 lumens vs half the time @ 115 lumens with the XM-L). This is on "high", not "max".

I'd probably go with the XP-G just for the run time difference. You'll need several flashlights and be a nerd like the OP and myself to know what you're missing in lumens or flood. That XP-G on max will be almost double a typical police officers Stinger he carries on his belt.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a SureFire right now and I've always thought I'd like more distance so more distance & better battery life = decision made. Thanks for your advice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom