5 ft freezer for minnow tank

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A friend that has a 5 ft freezer that crapped out called and asked if I wanted it. I did not need it as I have one. They make a very good insulated minnow tank or worm bed. I have a 5 footer that I raise red wigglers in and recycle all my fruit and vegetable waste. If anyone is interested then let me know. It's free just pick up.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It sure does Bassin.

Harvey - You can always drive down and pick it up.

If you put a 25 watt light bulb in the freezer during the winter then the bulb will keep the worms warm enough to breed all winter.

To use for a minnow tank all you need is electricity for the aerator, tube of silicone to seal the drain, some shade to keep the freezer cool and out of the blazing summer sun. Mine is in a metal shed and has provided excellent service for 4 years raising red wigglers for bream fishing.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some one best jump on this if they want it, otherwise it will go to the dump. This is a waste of a good storage container or minnow tank or worm bed. This container is fine for these 3 reasons. The owner will chuck by the end of the week if some one doesn't want it. It's free. Maybe he should charge 10 bucks and it will go faster.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some one best jump on this if they want it, otherwise it will go to the dump. This is a waste of a good storage container or minnow tank or worm bed. This container is fine for these 3 reasons. The owner will chuck by the end of the week if some one doesn't want it. It's free. Maybe he should charge 10 bucks and it will go faster.

Tell the owner to put it on Craigs list in the give away section. It will be gone in hours. Free listing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom