502 bad gateway???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
403 Forbidden when trying to access the main site, but okay if I connect directly to the forums (www.okshooters.com/forum.php)

What paths are giving 403?

The 502 is because you guys are loading it more than I calculated. We're still using the old server's database, and doing ~26Mbps to it (~13Mbps per front-end node). So it's previous issues with being MyISAM on such a large database are being magnified a bit. I apologize for that issue because I expected ~8-10Mbps. So when a table gets a full lock on it during a search or maintenance run, if that lock isn't released in time, the webserver assumes a bad connection.

WalkerBulldog

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
What paths are giving 403?

The 502 is because you guys are loading it more than I calculated. We're still using the old server's database, and doing ~26Mbps to it (~13Mbps per front-end node). So it's previous issues with being MyISAM on such a large database are being magnified a bit. I apologize for that issue because I expected ~8-10Mbps. So when a table gets a full lock on it during a search or maintenance run, if that lock isn't released in time, the webserver assumes a bad connection.

Like rhodesbe, when trying to access the main page (www.okshooters.com) by typing into the browser, it was throwing a 403. At the moment it seems to be working.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Front page is broken, returns an empty page.
Code:
 curl -v http://www.okshooters.com
* About to connect() to www.okshooters.com port 80 (#0)
*   Trying 64.49.225.233... connected
> GET / HTTP/1.1
> User-Agent: curl/7
> Host: www.okshooters.com
> Accept: */*
> 
< HTTP/1.1 303 See Other
< Server: nginx/1.2.4
< Content-Type: text/html
< Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 14:14:47 GMT
< Location: http://www.okshooters.com/activity.php?s=3948937984789379859120524x
< Transfer-Encoding: chunked
< Connection: keep-alive
< X-Powered-By: PHP/5.3.18-1~dotdeb.0
< 
* Connection #0 to host www.okshooters.com left intact
* Closing connection #0

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Front page is broken, returns an empty page.
Code:
 curl -v http://www.okshooters.com
* About to connect() to www.okshooters.com port 80 (#0)
*   Trying 64.49.225.233... connected
> GET / HTTP/1.1
> User-Agent: curl/7
> Host: www.okshooters.com
> Accept: */*
> 
< HTTP/1.1 303 See Other
< Server: nginx/1.2.4
< Content-Type: text/html
< Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 14:14:47 GMT
< Location: http://www.okshooters.com/activity.php?s=3948937984789379859120524x
< Transfer-Encoding: chunked
< Connection: keep-alive
< X-Powered-By: PHP/5.3.18-1~dotdeb.0
< 
* Connection #0 to host www.okshooters.com left intact
* Closing connection #0

Should be fixed.

I love how vBulletin "stable" is calling a class that they don't define. Well, technically the class name is supposed to be dynamically generated... except they don't have a default for when the right data to generate that name is not available...

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When viewing the General Discussions index, the thread about "CIA Director David Petraeus resigns after extra-marital affair" shows a post by criticalbass at 4:18PM.

However when I view that thread it doesn't show his post at all. This isn't the first time I've noticed something like that happening.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When viewing the General Discussions index, the thread about "CIA Director David Petraeus resigns after extra-marital affair" shows a post by criticalbass at 4:18PM.

However when I view that thread it doesn't show his post at all. This isn't the first time I've noticed something like that happening.

Weird. I've seen that before, but it was due to either time issues (which are no longer thanks to NTPD) or a deleted post moments before viewing. However, neither applies in this case.

Latest posts

Top Bottom