6.5 Grendel barrel group buy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From my research all evening, it seems that ejection port problems are rare. I guess I'll measure all my uppers before I pick the one for my 6.5G; but I'm not worried about it. And for the rare problem, I think it's an easy fix.

I think c/w = comes with.

DrBaker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I assume most folks are running these in a .308 suppressor? It looks like the YHM Phantom 308 I have my eye on can be purchased with a FH for the Grendel thread pitch.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been reading that, and others, off and on for the last year or so.
We had a couple more people interested in these the last time we discussed doing this.
We definitely don't need to be in any hurry.

For anyone thinking about a larger caliber AR style rifle, please check out the 6.5 Grendel. The ballistics on this round are quite impressive. It's great for defense, hunting, and the long range capability is awesome.

I'm setting mine up for hunting and long range plinking. I was going to buy a new bolt action; but I will use this instead.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
6.8 is a little more of a manstopper at closer ranges and is easier on barrels; they are limited on bullet choices. 6.5 shines at long range.
If I were to do a 6.5 vs. 6.8 comparson, which this thread isnt about, Id look at cost and availability of reloading components, and let that decide for me.

DrBaker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I were to do a 6.5 vs. 6.8 comparson, which this thread isnt about, Id look at cost and availability of reloading components, and let that decide for me.

I agree that wasn't the intent of YG making the thread, but I think he will be cool with a healthy discussion about the 6.5G as this will help potential buyers to make an informed decision.

I don't know anything about reloading, but I'm vary interested to hear the results of your question above. I don't want a 6.8 at all. If the 6.5G appears to be a good reloader caliber that will be a strong mark in my "plus" column.

edit to add:
This should help you get started on the reloading research. Please make sure to report back quickly.:teach:
http://www.65grendel.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11