60 minutes on Preppers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think many saw the light during Covid. I know my wife is way more onboard with my prepping since covid and has even asked for a few things to added to the prepping list of goods.
Saw a read this morning that stated prior to the bug, preppers were 2-3% of the population. Since the bug its said to be in the vicinity of 10%.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got to remember everyone else is thinking the same thing
Meh.. i disagree. I’d say majority of the population are clueless sheep and overly-confident/ill-prepared normies. I highly doubt “everyone else” is prepared for the extremes I am willing to drudge through

That being said my statement was primarily just a joke, just a funny quote from good ol’ king of the hill

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Meh.. i disagree. I’d say majority of the population are clueless sheep and overly-confident/ill-prepared normies. I highly doubt “everyone else” is prepared for the extremes I am willing to drudge through

That being said my statement was primarily just a joke, just a funny quote from good ol’ king of the hill

A few years ago I would have agreed with you but I see the tide turning. My reputation precedes me apparently and I have more and more customers asking me about gardening, canning, freeze drying and dehydrating all the time. The chickens and rabbits and quail are yet other conversations I get hit on pretty regularly now.

Just tonight I had a guy ask me if his canned stuff that was a week out of date was dangerous to eat. He was dead serious. I have absolutely no problem visiting with people about preparing and where to look for information. He was extremely grateful and told me he had been told by several of his buddies that "the old lady at the grocery store, no offense cuz you ARE sweet" 😳🤦😂 knew all about "that stuff". 🤷🤷🤷

It may turn out that I'm horribly naive but I do believe that the more I can help others be self-sufficient the less I need to worry about them taking from me ...

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score

same.

i have heard so many people say things like "you don't understand, when everything fails you won't even be able to hunt or fish because all the game animals will be harvested in the first season"

but i mean we're talking about people that *won't even get in the car and drive to get fast food* they will just starve or eat each other lol they ain't finding deer or squirrels or birds or fish come on.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
People don't understand that the date on canned foods is not required by law other than baby food.
https://www.foodnetwork.com/healthy...ong-is-canned-food-good-after-expiration-dateIt's a date the food will retain its maximum freshness.
It disturbs me to see people throw things out that are perfectly healthy to eat.
The postal service on their food drives do exactly that. If it's after the date on the can they send it to the dumpster.
With a potential railroad strike and the possibility of low diesel fuel that will affect trucking, we have been stocking up on canned and frozen veggi's and pasta's.
There is enough wild game and rivers/lakes around us to satisfy our protein needs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom