7.62x54R ammo in OKC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slack

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am looking for some 7.62x54R ammo in OKC. It needs some non-magnetic bullets so I can shoot at H&H. Cheap and non-corrosive is a bonus.

H&H says no steel jackets, core, etc.

I believe Outdoor America carries some Wolf at a decent price, but it is steel jacketed. Super Pawn in MWC had a single package of what they claimed was Brown Bear. Regardless of brand, it was magnetic.

My Brown Bear soft points also have a magnetic jacket. All of my surplus is magnetic and probably steel core.

I purchased some Winchester WB at H&H for $$$. When I called up there, they said they had it, but it wasn't range safe. When I stopped by there I decided to double check and indeed they had the Winchester WB, and despite my mentioning the earlier conversation they said I could shoot it ??? So out to the car to get my MN. It definitely was magnetic too, but nice brass case. I only shot 10 of 20rds, I am curious if I will be let me in the door next time with it.

It seems all of the 7.62x54R is either steel jacketed, or soft steel core.

I don't really plan on shooting my Mosin Nagant 91/30 too often and I could just go to an range that isn't concerned about the ammo. I go to H&H at least twice a week and if I find appropriate ammo I am more likely to shoot. Plus I am a horrible shot at 25/30yds, so a longer range isn't going to do me too much good unless I practice. Finally I enjoy the excellent ventilation at H&H. :sweat:

BTW, in my mind $.20/rd is cheap (surplus online), $.50/rd is decent (local Wolf), $1/rd is my limit and $1.35/rd (H&H WWB) is too much.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the joy of owning surplus rifles and calibers...Banner Rd will not restrict you from shooting your surplus ammo.

bmw530

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Try looking into wolf they sell copper ammo I just bought 5 boxes yesterday here in Tulsa, it was $12 for 20 rounds, or buy 5 or more boxes for $10, so I went ahead and bought 5 boxes. I bought it from Tulsa Scenic aka TK Supply. Their number is (918) 599-0526 and their in downtown Tulsa.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since 7.62 is .30 cal, lots of bullets are available for reloading. If you plan to do a lot of 7.52x54R shooting, that's something to consider. CB

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you can find some Yugo ammo around, it is non-magnetic. I know I have seen it somewhere, but I can't remember. You might call Outdoor America, King's Pawn and Brigadoon to see if they have any.

Also, if you are thinking about reloading, most 7.62x54R chambered weapons/ammo are .311", the same as .303 British and 7.62x39, not the standard .308 of most American .30 calibers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom