$7 for a jar of mayonnaise.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Plant a garden. Get chickens. Have a couple, 3 "pet" rabbits. I don't see it getting any better in the short run so ... Do what 'cha can -- light a candle and say your prayers ... Or incantations ... About the rest. 😘
I hope the people that are griping about inflation, didn't vote Democrat, or just as bad, FAIL TO VOTE AT ALL! Communist Chinese PUPPET JOE, on his very first day in office, canceled ALL OF PRESIDFENT TRUMPS PROGRAMS and EXUTIVE ORDERS, THAT ALLOWED US TO BE ENERGY INDEPENDANT FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 50/60 YEARS, REMEMBER? This one act allowed OPEC to regain control of setting world Crude Oil Prices AGAIN! Bench Mark Crude was $32.00 bbl on election day 2020, today it's $100.00 bbl , and has been as high as $109.00 bbl recently! Oil prices effect EVERYTHING ELSE! I suspect this is just the begaining, and that inflation will get MUCH, MUCH, WORSE, before it gets better! Try and name something, that is not effected by oil prices! SEE WHAT I MEAN?

mavs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I guess the mayonnaise drought hasn't made it that far south yet. :D
Guess not. I don't like mayo on anything except bacon and tomato or a club sandwich anyway but we are not eating those right now because bacon is too ****ing expensive!

For everything else I eat spicy mustard.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its nuts all over.

People or should I say sheeple are getting restless and just plain rude.

Yep. I got a 20 minute ass chewing because we hadn't had saltine crackers the last 2 times this old guy had been in the store. I said all the right words but he saw the look in my eye. Complained ... I told the manager, right in front of him "I said all the right words." She basically told him to **** off ... That there were plenty of other stores he could go to. I nearly fell out!! Lol After he left she told me if I ever did her that way again she'd wring my neck. Lol I told her we were even because I nearly lost it when she basically told him to shop somewhere else. I LOVE where I work. For more reasons than one ... But the fact that management has your back is a big one.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m the exact opposite. I don’t really care for miracle whip but I like mayonnaise
Dukes Mayo is the best of the best!
I do 95 percent of the grocery shopping since I do 100% of the cooking around the house. I cook, she cleans. Works for me.
While shopping I've been slowly buying the big family packs of pork, chicken and beef to put in bags and vacuum sealed for long term storage.
Chicken thighs have been getting more and more expensive as people are turning away from chicken breast as it's terribly expensive now and I hate chicken breasts. Zero taste and really difficult to cook correctly.
Today, there was a sale at the store I go to with 10 lbs of chicken quarters for $5.50 if you bought 5, 10 lb packages which I didn't. One pack of 10 lbs which was 10 leg quarters went for .78 cents a pound. Still a bargain when breasts are over $3 per lb. and we prefer dark meat on a chicken.
Pork is the same when buying the family packs. We bought a chuck roast that was huge at Costco for $36, but when it was divided up today, it will make 5 meals for the two of us.
Vacuum sealers are the bomb. Meat will last years when not exposed to air in the freezer.
Lots of ground elk and deer in the freezer, so with the inflation, I feel we are beating it somewhat with buying in bulk and preserving.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom