71 Chevy PU worth trading?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a solid 71 Chevy long bed pick up with minimal rust, factory air, 350 auto upgraded with HEI distributor, needs paint and carb work. Put a crate engine in it 5 or 6 years ago but would say probably has less than 5,000 miles on it. New tires couple years ago, doubt it's been driven 1000 since I drive it when I need to get lumber or something that won't fit in my van otherwise it just sits.

After this last snow storm I'm thinking I really need a 4WD something. Another PU would be nice. Not sure what the Chevy is worth but thinking because it is a classic I might be able to trade it straight across for a less than desirable 4WD.

So am I wishfull thinking or???

Found a photo of the old gal..
[Broken External Image]

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I bought a 1990 Ford F150 4x4 supercab in pretty good shape a couple years back for $1800. It needs some little stuff, but not much. (not trying to sell) So I think you should be able to either sell it and clear enough to buy something, or trade it for a good working 4x4.

I'd say (not know options or mileage) that you're looking in the $3-5k range, roughly.

70 Chevy $4k
72 Chevy $5k
72 Chevy $3k
72 Chevy $2.8k
70 Chevy $3k

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice truck! pull off the running boards and bed rails. you shouldnt have a problem

Let the next owner do it, Im too lazy..

Thanks guys, sounds like if I find the right party I might be able to make a deal. That 90 Ford would be OK but really wouldn't want a Super cab. I like having an 8 foot bed without a mile long wheel base. Now sounds like I'm being picky :)

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Let the next owner do it, Im too lazy..

Thanks guys, sounds like if I find the right party I might be able to make a deal. That 90 Ford would be OK but really wouldn't want a Super cab. I like having an 8 foot bed without a mile long wheel base. Now sounds like I'm being picky :)

You ain't kiddin! I like to listen to that old song "give me 40 acres, and I'll turn this rig around" when I'm driving mine.

Like I said, I'm not selling mine, but it was just an example that you can get a decent 4x4 for under $5k.

T-Baggin98

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Given the condition and the popularity of that model you shouldnt have much of a problem selling it. Im a Jeep and Ford guy but thats my favorite model chevy truck. Good luck buddy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom