This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2.bp.blogspot.com__van0I0TPXEY_URo_abAQF5I_AAAAAAAAHoM_FH_9052afcd79a3e042fb3e9c189e8f6515b713.png

According to the CCH Standard Federal Tax Reporter, as of 2013, it now takes 73,954 regular 8-1/2" x 11" sheets of paper to explain the complexity of the U.S. federal tax code!

Believe it or not, that represents an improvement from the trend that has existed since the end of World War 2, where the tool we developed to project the number of pages needed to explain the U.S. income tax code had anticipated that 77,030 pages would be needed in 2013.

You might think that our tool being "off" by 3,076 pages might depress us, especially after our tool was just 1.3% (or 956 pages) off from 2012's total of 73,608
CCH Standard Federal Tax Reporter Tax Law Pile Up 2013 pages. But it's really a cause for celebration, especially when you consider the real reason why the U.S. tax code isn't growing as much as our tool would project: it's an ongoing benefit of having perhaps the laziest U.S. Senate ever in U.S. history, while the more functional U.S. House of Representatives is controlled by the opposing political party!

So if the U.S. income tax code only grows by 346 pages instead of the 3,076 that the post-World War 2 trend would have predicted, count your blessings that you live in a country where having different political parties in control of different branches of the government results in the kind of non-productivity that can prevent truly bad things from happening.

Source

This would be funny if it weren't so sad.

Belthos

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine would fit on one side of the page with room left over.

A universal flat sales tax of _______ < insert percentage here.

Walmart and other retailers just add it to the receipt.
Make all other forms of taxation especially property taxes illegal.
People would be able to see exactly how much they are taxed and that will be an eye opener.

You could fire 95% of the irs. Savings would not be taxable until you buy something so they help boost the economy by giving banks money to lend.

The flat tax would include city,county,state, federal and be itemised for each.

Best of all no one gets any loopholes, you buy something you pay tax no exceptions.

Belthos

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine would fit on one side of the page with room left over.

A universal flat sales tax of _______ < insert percentage here.

Walmart and other retailers just add it to the receipt.
Make all other forms of taxation especially property taxes illegal.
People would be able to see exactly how much they are taxed and that will be an eye opener.

You could fire 95% of the irs. Savings would not be taxable until you buy something so they help boost the economy by giving banks money to lend.

The flat tax would include city,county,state, federal and be itemised for each.

Best of all no one gets any loopholes, you buy something you pay tax no exceptions.

Belthos

I'm right there with you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom