8.6 Blackout

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott3708

New to the site!
Reaction score
I haven’t tried any yet but I was also hoping to use .308. What I have found from other guys is you can but you’ll have to turn the neck most likely.
Neck diameter is .370 for 8.6 and some .308 brass will need turned, I guess some 6.5 brass is gonna require some neck turning too. So far I haven’t had any Hornady 6.5 brass that’s not in spec after forming.
Hey guys, I just ordered an 8.6 barrel for a SBR build. How goes the 308 to 8.6 conversion? I'm in the same boat as you guys with a lot of 308 brass. I've never owned a Creedmore anything. When you say you need to turn the neck are you turning the outside of the neck or reaming the inside?
Turn outside of the necks as the brass is too thick on most cases. Winchester 6.5 and Hornady 6.5 brass is OK but almost all the rest will need to be turned down. I use a Hornady neck turning tool, works awesome for me

Attachments

• IMG_9949.jpeg
    IMG_9949.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0

50Shooter

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Turn outside of the necks as the brass is too thick on most cases. Winchester 6.5 and Hornady 6.5 brass is OK but almost all the rest will need to be turned down. I use a Hornady neck turning tool, works awesome for me
Thanks Scott and the rest of you guys for this thread. I've got 2 Home Depot 5 Gal buckets of 308 brass to turn into 8.6. I'm going to load 90% subs but I'm in no particular hurry as I'm not expecting my Silencerco 36m paperwork will be approved any earlier than October.

Latest posts

Top Bottom