Anyone cast projectiles for 300 blackout?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a good deal of lead stored up and would like to get into casting 30 cal. projectiles for 300 blackout.

I know ZERO about bullet casting. I have read some but still not sure of the entire process. My question is if there is anyone here near OKC that cast that might trade lead or money to allow me to sit in on the entire process? If not does anyone know of a start to finish video for casting lead for the .300 blackout?

Thanks in advance for any help.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Any 30 cal mold in the weight of your choice will work.
The Lyman Cast Bullet Handbook is the standard go-to.
The casting of lead to the correct Brinell hardness for the intended application becomes as much of a hobby as reloading itself. The study of molds and powders for lead bullets can get addictive and/or complicated.
https://castboolits.gunloads.com/forum.php

Last edited:

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am in Yukon and I can run you through the process and will teach you for FREE if you wish to learn.

I have found Powder coating is the ticket and you can run softer alloy and mismatched bullet to bore and get very good results with powder coated bullets.
Sometimes there are large bores that you just can't make a bullet large enough to fith the desired over bore size and still chamber them.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lead ? Free to $2 a lb
Lee mold $30.
Toaster oven $10 (thrift store).
Any steel or cast iron or aluminum pot (nearly fee).
Fire Free.
8 OZ Eastwood Ford Light Blue $10
Bullet Sizer $30

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lead ? Free to $2 a lb
Lee mold $30.
Toaster oven $10 (thrift store).
Any steel or cast iron or aluminum pot (nearly fee).
Fire Free.
8 OZ Eastwood Ford Light Blue $10
Bullet Sizer $30
I would love to take you up on this. I’d be happy to contribute to your cause. Knowledge is worth something.

crapsguy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would love to take you up on this. I’d be happy to contribute to your cause. Knowledge is worth something.
I have a near new LEE 230 gn bullet mold made for subsonic 300blk rounds I might be selling soon - bot it a while back - have a good handfull of bullets made but am falling out of love with subsonic - but if that is your cup of tea these work really good

Latest posts

Top Bottom