80%

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never understood the appeal. Any time I've seen the 80% they're more expensive than a finished lower, let alone the cost of the jig, tools and time. To each their own I suppose.

Tripper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's about doing it yourself, non registered to anyone, yes if you do only 1 or 2 it's more costly than a normal stripped lower

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tulsacrittergetter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Absolutely. Federal law states that it is completely legal to manufacture or complete an 80% lower receiver, converting it into a firearm for personal use. It's a 2nd amendment thing. Granted, there are some states that I wouldn't bring them into, like California or New York.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
You can get a PSA premium lower with built in trigger guard for $60.

I've seen Anderson lowers several times lately for $39.

Personally, I don't understand the 80% lower thing but I probably got most of that 'build something from scratch' out of my system long ago between being a carpenter, a machinist, and building a few hot rods, race cars, and trucks. I just don't have any interest in milling a lower.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I have been busting knuckles on cars my whole life, in construction by trade, started out in framing and remodeling, now I just baby sit others working. I have just finished my second AK and have been researching between an AR or 1911 to build next. Some folks just like making stuff. Will never get it out of my system. Just wished I was as smart as Mr Browning so I could make a timeless classic LOL.

tulsacrittergetter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been busting knuckles on cars my whole life, in construction by trade, started out in framing and remodeling, now I just baby sit others working. I have just finished my second AK and have been researching between an AR or 1911 to build next. Some folks just like making stuff. Will never get it out of my system. Just wished I was as smart as Mr Browning so I could make a timeless classic LOL.

I am the same way. I just like to build stuff and tinker with stuff. I've always been that way. I gotta know how it works!

Latest posts

Top Bottom