9 Republicans Co-Sponsoring More Gun Control for Law-Abiding Americans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another thing I forgot to mention. Do y’all realize that under this bill they could say that a magazine that holds over one round is able to allow a person to increase the rate of fire on a semi auto? This bill must be stopped now!! I can’t stress enough how serious this is.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.guns.com/2017/10/16/dems...677&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook

Legislation to set a mandatory three-day waiting period for handgun transfers and establish licensing and registration guidelines on the sale of binary target markers have been introduced.

The bills — HR.4018 and HR.4064 — were introduced by House Democrats last week and join a growing number of gun control proposals filed in the days immediately after a mass shooting in Las Vegas that left 59 dead.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = ==

They're going to keep hanging ornaments on the HR-3999 bill until it falls of its own political weight.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.guns.com/2017/10/16/dems-add-3-day-waiting-period-tannerite-regulations-to-house-bills/?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=59e4b6b104d30136f16fb677&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook

Legislation to set a mandatory three-day waiting period for handgun transfers and establish licensing and registration guidelines on the sale of binary target markers have been introduced.

The bills — HR.4018 and HR.4064 — were introduced by House Democrats last week and join a growing number of gun control proposals filed in the days immediately after a mass shooting in Las Vegas that left 59 dead.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = ==

They're going to keep hanging ornaments on the HR-3999 bill until it falls of its own political weight.
this is exactly the wrong attitude to have. To just sit back and wait for the bill to fail. If we do nothing then it will pass. These anti gun fools will keep on doing whatever they can to undermine the 2A. It doesn’t matter how long it takes they won’t stop until they get what they want. This ain’t just about us but about our kids and their kids.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
this is exactly the wrong attitude to have. To just sit back and wait for the bill to fail. If we do nothing then it will pass. These anti gun fools will keep on doing whatever they can to undermine the 2A. It doesn’t matter how long it takes they won’t stop until they get what they want. This ain’t just about us but about our kids and their kids.

You're reading too much into what I wrote. I didn't say to do nothing. I say to do something smart with people who are open to hearing our well-crafted arguments. Approaching it as a DEFCON-5 situation with our hair on fire will not advance our position. BTW, "well-crafted arguments" = leveraging the internal conflicts within their proposed law and where it is contrary to existing law, regulation, and SCOTUS decisions. Fold the 2A into the broader argument - don't use it as a hammer on every nail in the legislation.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You're reading too much into what I wrote. I didn't say to do nothing. I say to do something smart with people who are open to hearing our well-crafted arguments. Approaching it as a DEFCON-5 situation with our hair on fire will not advance our position. BTW, "well-crafted arguments" = leveraging the internal conflicts within their proposed law and where it is contrary to existing law, regulation, and SCOTUS decisions. Fold the 2A into the broader argument - don't use it as a hammer on every nail in the legislation.

It will fall under its own weight, but I won't take my eyes off it either if it gains momentum.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It will fall under its own weight, but I won't take my eyes off it either if it gains momentum.

If there be another amendment to the Constitution, it needs to create punishment to anyone who passes a bill contrary to the Constitution. The crime is misprision. The punishment must be fatal - hanging, firing squad, guillotine and similar executions are acceptable and mandatory to be open to public scrutiny.

Yes, due process should be required, and a 2/3 majority of jurors be required for conviction. Guilty or not, any such law passed under suspicion of misprision by the legislators shall be stricken.

The ballot box seems to be ineffective in cases of misprision.

Woody

Last edited:

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The basic concept on which the Constitution was founded was the principle that the inalienable rights of all men were granted by Nature and Nature’s God. These rights included Freedom which was further defined in the Constitutional Amendments. It is also clear in the Declaration of Independence that no government was valid unless it had the consent of the people, it preserved the rights of the people and that the people had the Right to change it, if necessary. That’s my understanding. The balance of power was always a concern of the founders both within government itself and between the people and the government. As Mao Tse Tung said, “Power grows from the barrel of a gun.” There is great Truth here and our citizens should never forget it. Leaders are humans and human nature inevitably leads those in power to quest for more. They just can’t help it. All our freedoms exist because our forefathers exerted force to secure them. It is impossible to exert force without the means. Once the right to bear arms is lost, the others will follow in succession Rationale will first be Emergency followed by Expediency, and then for the Convenience of those who govern. The issues here are much larger then Public Safety, or Terrorism (Foreign or Domestic), the foundation on which all our freedoms depend is threatened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The basic concept on which the Constitution was founded was the principle that the inalienable rights of all men were granted by Nature and Nature’s God. These rights included Freedom which was further defined in the Constitutional Amendments. It is also clear in the Declaration of Independence that no government was valid unless it had the consent of the people, it preserved the rights of the people and that the people had the Right to change it, if necessary. That’s my understanding. The balance of power was always a concern of the founders both within government itself and between the people and the government. As Mao Tse Tung said, “Power grows from the barrel of a gun.” There is great Truth here and our citizens should never forget it. Leaders are humans and human nature inevitably leads those in power to quest for more. They just can’t help it. All our freedoms exist because our forefathers exerted force to secure them. It is impossible to exert force without the means. Once the right to bear arms is lost, the others will follow in succession Rationale will first be Emergency followed by Expediency, and then for the Convenience of those who govern. The issues here are much larger then Public Safety, or Terrorism (Foreign or Domestic), the foundation on which all our freedoms depend is threatened.

I find that the quest for more power is not a simple human nature thing but all too often a goal of the corrupt. You always hear tell that power corrupts. I find that the corrupt seek power. They need power to support their enterprise and a position of power can be the best protection from question and prying eyes.

The righteous often seek positions of power but it is rarely achieved. It is much easier for the corrupt to achieve a position of power. They can lie with ease. If they put forth their true goals, they would never get elected. So, they promise utopia to the electorate and win. Then they ply their trade, feathering the beds of those who supported their election and bankroll the kickbacks. No one in Congress ever leaves Congress a poor man.

Woody

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I find that the quest for more power is not a simple human nature thing but all too often a goal of the corrupt. You always hear tell that power corrupts. I find that the corrupt seek power. They need power to support their enterprise and a position of power can be the best protection from question and prying eyes.

The righteous often seek positions of power but it is rarely achieved. It is much easier for the corrupt to achieve a position of power. They can lie with ease. If they put forth their true goals, they would never get elected. So, they promise utopia to the electorate and win. Then they ply their trade, feathering the beds of those who supported their election and bankroll the kickbacks. No one in Congress ever leaves Congress a poor man.

Woody

I pretty much agree. Those with guile (different than intelligence) and evil intent are drawn to seek power or turn to crime. The level to which they rise is determined by a combination of luck, guile, wealth and social position. Once the amass a large enough organization, they can get real dangerous. Politics and government position can provide these wiley crustaceans opportunities in both governments and crime.

Latest posts

Top Bottom