Sig p320 x5 legion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rammulek

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I love the way this gun shoots but had someone tell me the p320's were the sig models that were randomly firing while in the holster. I stopped using it as my edc and now carry by beretta 92x performance. Are all the p320's affected or was it specific models? I would like to make sure before carrying with one in the chamber.

wDoty

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are actually two alleged issues here. The first one is real, the drop safety thing. Outgoing 320’s have had the fix for most of a decade now, and unless yours was in that early run and has the fat trigger vs the newer thin trigger, it’s no longer a thing. If it is, Sig will swap it out if asked.

The second thing is contested, but I don’t believe it’s a fault of the pistol. It’s allegedly going off when holstered. I say alleged because I’ve not seen a single pistol where the alleged failure could ever be replicated. If one digs, these incidents are almost always a PD using holsters not made for the pistol being holstered, or light bearing holsters that allow significant gap around the trigger well. I’m saying this is almost surely the trigger being manipulated due to poor holster fit; and not a problem inherent to the actual gun.

Though I carry Glocks and 365’s (a completely different internal design) id have zero qualms carrying a 320 assuming a properly fitted holster, which should be a prerequisite to any carry gun anyway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom