9mm moon clips

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It would require quite a bit of cylinder work, which would make it impossible to safely fire 38's in it afterward.

+100!!! I'll add this as well. A standard J-frame in .38spl/.357mag is just that a .357" bore. If you go the route of changing it over to shoot 9MM you'll need to find a SW940 barrel for it as well since 9MM is .355" and your accuracy will suffer shooting a smaller bore round through a larger bore barrel.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
+100!!! I'll add this as well. A standard J-frame in .38spl/.357mag is just that a .357" bore. If you go the route of changing it over to shoot 9MM you'll need to find a SW940 barrel for it as well since 9MM is .355" and your accuracy will suffer shooting a smaller bore round through a larger bore barrel.

For as much trouble as it would take to modify the cylinder and to use a different barrel, it would seem to make more sense simply to get a complete S&W 940, right?

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
For as much trouble as it would take to modify the cylinder and to use a different barrel, it would seem to make more sense simply to get a complete S&W 940, right?

Yep!! The 940's are out there, granted not alot were made before S&W dumped them due to lack of interest. A friend of mine had one, but even with locktite his extractor rod would still work loose firing less than a full 50rds through it, an no it wasn't +P ammo. Granted he bought it used, and didn't know how many rounds it had fired before he got it.

There are four on GunBroker right now, but they aren't cheap.

Latest posts

Top Bottom