Winchester White Box 9mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Recently I picked up a 200 round box of WWB 9mm from a store in Enid, and today I started loading it into moon clips for my 986 wheel gun. It was hard loading it into the moon clips and the rounds were too big to be chambered.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what did you do about it? The store won't take it back, due to potential lability issues, but they gave me the contact information for Winchester and I have contacted them.

I have encountered defective factory ammo before, but never this.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I reload my ammo and there is a die called LEE Carbide factory crimp die for many straight walled
pistol cases.
It has a carbide ring that will squeeze the round down to spec size so it will chamber.

Do you have any calipers to measure the case diameter or do you reload ammo or know someone near you that does reload 9MM
I would be more than happy to measure the rounds and run them through the Lee die and see if it fixes the issue.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I contacted the S&W forum and told them and it turned out that was the moon clips. The ammo is fine--at least as far as this issue is concerned. I still have to test the Winchester 9mm for light primer strikes, that I get only with WWB and Fiocchi due to their hard primers.

Thanks for helping me out here. Appreciate it. When the Winchester CS rep contacts me, I'll let them know the score.

Latest posts

Top Bottom