9mm Snap Caps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Viper16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you know someone who reloads ask them im sure they wouldnt mind making some for you. Just dont add powder or primer. Fill the primer pocket with a glue gun. Color the brass so you can tell the difference.

Is there still enough resistance in the primer pocket to absorb all the impact on the firing pin or will it still cause the firing pin to slam into its enclosure causing fatigue? Sorry I am no gun smith, I just gathered that it would be like firing with no ammo in the gun to help absorb the impact. This is all from what I have gathered on why some guns cannot dry fire while others can..i suppose due to design and materials of construction. I know there is a tough spring in the test firing ammo that still lets the firing pin slow make contact and gives a bit to help put less wear on the gun mechanics.

This is just an observation as I am not a gunsmith or an engineer.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have some aluminum ones that are anodized red, with rubber for the primer. I got them at ODA years ago. I think I have a bunch of blue plastic ones in 45 Colt somewhere that I don't need anymore if anyone needs some in that caliber. If you do, I'll start digging. I had 12 at one time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom