A bill similar to Wyoming's will be introduced in our state Senate soon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
can the states actually trump the feds. I read and understood the bill wyoming passed, but is it enforceable? If someone can ban guns (not likely) can a state government stop them. Sounds good, but is it actionable?

53convert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
can the states actually trump the feds. I read and understood the bill Wyoming passed, but is it enforceable? If someone can ban guns (not likely) can a state government stop them. Sounds good, but is it actionable?

take a look at Oregon and Colorado recent votes to bypass federal law on Mary jane..........precedant my son precedant........

Podman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good deal. I'm not sure about my rep, but think he's wimp demo and my senator too. So will take lot's of letters, emails etc. to help persuade them.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any legislation that is going to move forward in this session was pre-filed and had preliminary committee work done this past fall. Bills filed now are done for the benefit of political posturing for the electorate rather than really accomplishing something that can be signed into law. It might have a chance in the second half of the session this time next year but expecting something to be done this year is not politically realistic.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any legislation that is going to move forward in this session was pre-filed and had preliminary committee work done this past fall. Bills filed now are done for the benefit of political posturing for the electorate rather than really accomplishing something that can be signed into law. It might have a chance in the second half of the session this time next year but expecting something to be done this year is not politically realistic.

I say we STILL write in and voice our opposition to these gun bans loud and clear. If they ignore all our voices just to follow some technical parliamentary procedure, they should do so at the risk of losing their seats.

RollingRock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even if doesn't hold up to the SC, it might be worth it. Before this gun grab, Obama had the upper hand on almost everything. Now, he just might find out that a lot of rural and centrist democrats are also gun owners, does he want them also pissed at his party? he is just now starting to think about his presidential legacy, does he want to be known for obamacare, or gun control and all that fall-out?

raeken45

Made of wrongthink
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It may not trump the Supremacy Clause but it might be an opening for at least a federal suit and injunction while it is being challenged. I think that is what happened with the Arizona Immigration Law.

Latest posts

Top Bottom