a conceal carry 45???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tm8634

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
im thinking about a ruger p345 but i would like some comments from the pro's, i know ist a big caliber so "compac" is hard but would like to know whats out there before i buy this one...

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I usually carry a Government or Commander sized 1911. :D A Ruger would be a bit too wide for my preference but I've seen larger platforms carried.

pokefun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carry an Officer model 1911 or a Kahr CW45 everyday. I have smaller weapons, but after you get used to it being there and realize that no one notices or cares it is not a big deal. I have finally gotten over being paranoid of printing. People don't pay attention or don't think about it being a weapon. If you feel comfortable with the Ruger, go for it.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im with both of the guys above me. Some people think the 1911 (in the fullsize) is too big to be a CCW. However, its width is ideal. I carried a 1911A1 for years before switching to a polymer gun. It was easy to conceal. The only reason for my upgrade was capacity. In all honesty, though, I tried on my old holster and my 1911 the other day and I gotta say, I might go back to a compact 1911 for summer carry.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like Kahrs, and have two .40's for vehicle guns, and the occasional CCW.
I see Kahr has a new .45 out that is much thinner than any other. Anybody out there have any experience with it. Its new.

Aikido73

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I try not to bad mouth guns, my worst may be your best. Buut since you asked I will tell you my Kahr PM45 saga. First let me say I am a fan of the Kahr 9mm I have a MK9 for my CCW right now but my trials with the PM45 almost ended my love for Kahr. To make the story short I bought a New PM45 first range trip, the first mag fired without fail, all mags after that had some kind of failure and many times more than one per mag. It stove piped, double fed, wouldn't go into battery it had every failure known to man except a Kaboom. I shot the gun, a PD range master/expert instructor shot it, we put the required break in rounds through it with no change. Sent it to Kahr they sent it back, nothing wrong with it, first mag same song. Sent it back to them and told them don't send it back until you put 200 flawless rounds. They call me tell me nothing wrong they put 200 perfect rnds through it and change the recoil spring. They then tell me, nicely, that I am just not holding my mouth and grip right. After 20 years of Judo/Aikido/Ju-jitsu the one thing I have is a grip and the range master certainly does. I took the gun unshot by me from the last trip to Kahr to my dealer told him the story took my hit and traded with a clean mind. All that to say big round small gun bad mix.
WOW that felt good.

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry a XD45 compact. I like it as far as shooting is concerned, but would much prefer a government 1911 for carry because of the thinness. That said, I decided not to carry a 1911 anymore because of their expense, I just don't like the idea of giving away, possibly to never be seen again a ~$1200 pistol.

But, back to the question, I don't find it difficult to conceal a .45 (in any pistol format) with the proper holster and attire. But, most days I'm forced to carry a P3AT.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heck yeah CCW a .45!!

ai306.photobucket.com_albums_nn269_dustingaunder_Guns_20and_20Related_Handguns_cafba353_1.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom