A couple more the Encore put down!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went hunting last Sunday morning and had a little bit of luck! I got there plenty early and made my long walk in, slow and quietly. Seen two deer before I got to my stand about 120 yards before I got to it. So I got in my tripod and and was already on alert because of the two deer I just walked by but I had a little while before I could see. As soon as the sun started to come up in the other direction right in front of me I had 3 does came out in front me and then a minute later 2 more. I watched them until they made their way across the wheat field and disappeared. A few minutes later I had 3 more does come out to the left of me at 250 yards in a milo field. 2 big does and 2 yearlings. I was going to let them walk but my friend that I was hunting with sent me a text and said that he had shot a doe, so since we were going to be processing deer I went a head and shot a doe. I ranged her with my range finders and she kept ranging from 218 to 236 yards and was quartering to me a little. But the new Pro Hunter Endeavor put the smack down on her just where I was aiming! Right after I shot 4 more does came trotting across the milo to where the other does were standing a few moments before. They finally walked off about 5 minutes later. Just to have a little fun with them I got my Primos buck roar/snort wheeze out and started roaring on that thing since they were so far away (and I'm hunting on the top of a hill that is surrounded by milo, wheat, and huge canyon like draws). They came back and then disappeared again. After that my friend called me on my cell phone to tell me that he had missed his deer and he couldn't find any blood. After 4 minutes of talking on the phone, I just happen to glance out of the right side of my blind on my tripod and there was a buck! He had come out of a draw from behind me to see what was going on. He never even looked in my direction. I told my friend that I would have to call him back and hung up. I had reloaded my gun after I shot my doe but hadn't put a primer back in it. So I did, got my gun out of the window and let another shot ride. Hit him just where I was aiming! I can not express how happy I have been with my Encore's. I have had 3 of them now and can't think of anything bad to say about them. I love my new set up! Anyhow just thought I would share my Sunday hunting story and a few pics! I know he's not the biggest buck but I am plenty happy with him. He dressed out at 135lbs and the doe was 80lbs. Also pictured is my friend with his doe that he killed later that night. She dressed at 104lbs.

ai641.photobucket.com_albums_uu135_jmiller556_S5000088.jpg

ai641.photobucket.com_albums_uu135_jmiller556_S5000096.jpg

ai641.photobucket.com_albums_uu135_jmiller556_S5000093.jpg

ai641.photobucket.com_albums_uu135_jmiller556_S5000100.jpg

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great shooting! Congrats on the buck. You may not think he's a monster, but I would love to put the smack down on one like that myself.

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you, thank you. I was still very excited to shoot him, but last year u shot an 8 point that weight 179 lbs dressed and his rack also dwarfed this guy! I'm not really a trophy hunter I'm a deer hunter and I still get excited just to get to see deer while I'm hunting!

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And another one bites the dust!! Got this guy at 7:05 this morning. Seen another 3pt that I rattled in but that was about it. Can't believe I didn't see any does. They must be all pinned up under buck supervision!

ai641.photobucket.com_albums_uu135_jmiller556_4b225a48.jpg

ai641.photobucket.com_albums_uu135_jmiller556_a4391673.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom