a couple new ones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary@CCWsafe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For the last couple years I have been trying to buy vintage S&W's and sticking them back. Kind of a 401k plan. I blew my discretionary cash for the next few months. Again. Sorry for the iPhone photography.

Not pictured is Colt Lawman MKV. Trying to decide whether to keep it or send it to Gunbroker.
IMG_8372.jpeg

61-2
67 Colt Detective
67 Police Positive 32 Colt New Police (same as SW Long) with SW J rear sight and custom ramp
27-4
36 no dash
60 no dash

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Man, those are beautiful. I’ve had a few that I let go over the years that I’m kicking myself for. I had a little model 61 like yours. It’s on the kicking myself list.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
When all the plastic guns hit the market, revolver prices took a nose dive. I built up my ‘401’ at that time.

Gary@CCWsafe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a little gun shop back in the late 80's when the transition happened. If I had kept every SW traded in I would never have had to work again. Sold them for $25-$30 profit each.

When all the plastic guns hit the market, revolver prices took a nose dive. I built up my ‘401’ at that time.

Last edited:

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice nickel 61, they are fun little pistols to shoot. I have a 61-3 in blue and it goes to the range with me almost every time. The 61 had an interesting history, early versions had a number of issues.

Did it some with the box and "rug"?

Latest posts

Top Bottom