A Fallen or RISEN HERO, one of our OWN from OSA.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flashover08

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WOW I am so sorry I will be praying for all involved what a sad day 2 days before Veterans day he will be missed
Have A Great Evening
flashover08
}><}}};> PHIL 4:13 <;{{{><{

Sarge25

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to Sniper school with SPC Horton back in 2010. His thick mustache is the strongest memory I have of him and I was in Afghanistan also when we got the news he was KIA. I am new to OSA and have just now seen this post on here honoring his memory. My prayers and thoughts go out to his family even though it as been over a year since his death.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to Sniper school with SPC Horton back in 2010. His thick mustache is the strongest memory I have of him and I was in Afghanistan also when we got the news he was KIA. I am new to OSA and have just now seen this post on here honoring his memory. My prayers and thoughts go out to his family even though it as been over a year since his death.

Welcome to OSA and thanks. I was discussing Chris today with a Major from the 63rd CST.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

He will not be forgotten. Every Memorial day, Veterans groups like the VFW, American Legion, and Vietnam Veterans of America, gather to honor our veterans by placing flags on their graves. Its a somber service we do to honor our veterans. In Ponca City there is a Watch Fire every year.

The Watchfire stems from the military tradition that following a battle or long march, a large fire would be started so those missing or lost could locate and rejoin their comrades. Using that time honored model symbolically, we use the warmth and light of our Watchfire to guide everyone to join us in reflection of those comrades who have gone before us and made our nation strong through their service and sacrifice.

Some come to the fire, and stand for a few moments, then leave. Some come to talk. Some come to cry.

All come to honor.

Latest posts

Top Bottom