A Little Covid-19 Sanity?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The video below was uploaded yesterday by an RV'ing couple, the gentleman of which has a sister that is a doctor in Tacoma, WA. (As you all probably know, Washington state is an epicenter of the Covid-19 virus.) The interview part of the video is roughly 19 minutes long, but the lady doctor seems to pretty much speak of what I've been thinking about the Covid-19 in that it probably isn't as bad as some think.

Keep in mind, these RV'ers are possibly like my wife and I, in that we don't do a lot of socializing in large groups, so we are less likely to be contracting said virus. At any rate, the lady doctor seems to be pretty knowledgeable and displaying common sense.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The video below was uploaded yesterday by an RV'ing couple, the gentleman of which has a sister that is a doctor in Tacoma, WA. (As you all probably know, Washington state is an epicenter of the Covid-19 virus.) The interview part of the video is roughly 19 minutes long, but the lady doctor seems to pretty much speak of what I've been thinking about the Covid-19 in that it probably isn't as bad as some think.

Keep in mind, these RV'ers are possibly like my wife and I, in that we don't do a lot of socializing in large groups, so we are less likely to be contracting said virus. At any rate, the lady doctor seems to be pretty knowledgeable and displaying common sense.

In our RV life we socialize with 8-10 almost every evening, sometimes more at happy hour or 19th hole events at someones rig. The place we winter at in Mercedes Tx, Llano Grande RV park and Country Club that we just left is a huge facility that has shut down the weekly dances, the bar, concerts and the restaurant even though there is zero cases in the Rio Grande Valley.
New Mexico and Colorado have shut down all State ran RV areas. I'm not sure if they will shut down the private RV parks though.
Some Ski resorts in NM and Co have been asked to shut down. Our Niece, husband and family arrived in Red River Sunday for a week of skiing, and the slopes were shut down Sunday evening. They aren't happy.
This is life now and we just have to deal with it.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The interview part of the video is roughly 19 minutes long, but the lady doctor seems to pretty much speak of what I've been thinking about the Covid-19 in that it probably isn't as bad as some think

to paraphrase several comments I’ve read, we will never really know if we’ve overreacted. But we will certainly know if we didn’t do enough.

Latest posts

Top Bottom