A weekend getaway...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No disrespect to anyone.

Can you actually get away ‘by yourself’ on holidays?

Everywhere you go will have tons of people. Kids are out of school and parents are ready to go have fun. Restaurants will be packed. Attractions will have long lines. Gas stations will run out of gas. Food stores will have bare shelves. Crime will be rampant.

Me?

I’m staying home where there won’t be a bunch of entitled pricks, whiney babies, or Karens.
I think you mean…

I’m staying home where there won’t be more than one entitled prick, whiney babies, or Karen’s. ;)

Jokes aside, you just go where everyone else doesn’t go for a holiday. Stay away from lakes. rivers, etc. We go to large cities, if we go anywhere, on Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day. Etc.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No disrespect to anyone.

Can you actually get away ‘by yourself’ on holidays?

Everywhere you go will have tons of people. Kids are out of school and parents are ready to go have fun. Restaurants will be packed. Attractions will have long lines. Gas stations will run out of gas. Food stores will have bare shelves. Crime will be rampant.

Me?

I’m staying home where there won’t be a bunch of entitled pricks, whiney babies, or Karens.
I was gonna say "Stay home, cook steaks on the grill and sleep in ... But ... I'm old and grumpy ... Oh wait, I'm MARRIED to Grumpy. 😇🤣🤣🤣

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the Broken Bow suggestion, although it may be $$$. You can get a cabin in the woods for quiet and not be too far away to go eat or see some sights. Pack some groceries and you may not need to leave.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The wife and I went to Petit Jean State Park about 20 years ago, for a combined vacation and to get a telescope worked on. There was a guy there who ran an observatory (Dr. Clay) that did work on the side. Beautiful area that impressed us a lot, always wanted to go back. Nice car museum too, if it's still there.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mrs. GED and myself, have the rare opportunity to spend a long weekend together just the two of us this upcoming Memorial Day weekend.

But where should we go? What should we do?

It's been so long since she and I both had this chance for our schedules to coincide with each other, we don't know how to spend it.

This type of thing doesn't happen for us very often, so how should we indulge ourselves for a night or two away from everybody without breaking the bank.
You're going to have a difficult time finding something available and reasonably priced for that weekend.

Latest posts

Top Bottom