A weekend getaway...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some awesome suggestions guys, and you're absolutely right about the big crowds and such. But we're not wanting a big fancy resort or any kind of tourist trap.

We're just wanting a nice hotel with an indoor pool, and close to good eatin' joints so we don't hafta travel too far away from the room.

Hell, if I had my druthers, I'd pack my swim trunks, a toothbrush and maybe a change of underwear. I just wanna check in, go to my room, strip off, hang up the clothes I just took off and don't get dressed again until check out time.

Mrs. GED did mention something about Medicine Park a few years ago. What's all the hype about that place?
I've not been to Meers for the burger in like 15 years.
But it was kind of "Meh" back then.
Also - this didn't bother me, but the weekend I was down there, they ONLY took cash and refused to split up the check.
And just to be a complete Debbie Downer, I saw the headline that AAA says some 44 million Americans are traveling this Memorial Day weekend, tying the all time record.
:sorry4:

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Heck sounds like one of the hotels in downtown OKC would meet your requirements. Plenty of places to eat. If you want to get out there’s stuff to see and do. Or just chill in the room.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got something for ya, Van Buren, Arkansas. Low key, not a tourist trap, really good fun people, fun downtown area. You can rent a cabin in the Ozarks for cheap. I was there about 6 years ago, and there was a brand new Waffle House, not the highlight of the trip, but living through it was, take extra mags. Lot's of history, civil war stuff. A train ride that's not bad, but take a flask, at the halfway point you'll either feel like riding on top of the train, or throwing yourself under it. Take the queen, get some cheap booze, some of those glow in the dark condoms, and have a good time.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Heck sounds like one of the hotels in downtown OKC would meet your requirements. Plenty of places to eat. If you want to get out there’s stuff to see and do. Or just chill in the room.
I understand one of the new hotels in Bricktown has a swimming pool on the roof. Dont know which one or whats its called but I hear its pretty darn nice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom