Academy and Ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcole1272

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the past few weeks I have been watching the Academy in Norman, since I drive by on the way to work everyday, this morning I decided to stop to watch the madness. Its like a swarm of bees/locusts. I am attaching a link to a picture of what it was like at 8:01AM, mind you the doors do not open until 8:00AM. I assume the manager at the Academy in Norman has been nice (since 25 degrees outside), because he is letting people in line walk into the front door waiting area beforehand. There was at least 25 people in the line before the doors opened.

From what I saw the 9MM, 22LR, 223, and 7.62 stuff was in a basket/cart within 10-15 minutes. The Bulk Blazer ammo that they sale in 9MM (115 grain) and 40 S&W was all gone, there was about 7 containers of each, the 22LR in CCI mini mag about 5 containers was all gone within a few minutes. I did see a few boxes of american eagle 9MM in 147 grain on the shelf for $16.99 a box.

Note: I have been a member of OSA for two years, but have not posted.....Academy gets trucks in the AM's on Monday, Tuesday and Friday. Total Madness at 8AM on those days. Enjoy.....

i1300.photobucket.com_albums_ag94_jcole1272_photo_zpsd9f8c0f6.jpg

Last edited:

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go to your photobucket account and click on the pic you want to post.
When it comes up there will be a box over on the right side of the page called image links.
Click on the IMG code and it should say copied.
Come back here, click in reply to thread and right click and hit paste.

You should see your PB link in between to "[/IMG]"

i479.photobucket.com_albums_rr155_OldFart_57_Dr_Evil_zps32c124ba.jpg

jcole1272

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Going to go by Academy in Norman again in the AM (Friday 1/18), I will update any findings, but I am curious to see what Academy will have in stock (or limited stock availability) on Friday. Trucks are still running Monday early AM, Tuesday early AM and Friday early AM per my manager contact.

We will see if their stocked up.

jcole1272

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Extremely packed this AM at the Academy in Norman. Prices were the same on ammo, but zero 9MM at 8:02 when I arrived. They had 40, 45, 22LR, 308 and 7.62x39 Tula Ammo. The guy behind the counter was pricing a Smith MnP 15-22 for a customer and it scanned $479.99. These have been going up about $10-15 a week or every couple weeks. The Manager when I walked in said that there was a bigger line this AM. Anyone recognize anybody? Any late co-workers to work this AM? ;-))

i1300.photobucket.com_albums_ag94_jcole1272_photo_zps0d70a29f.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom