Accidental discharge.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redneck1861

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
good thing it wasn't a .45 or it'd haf kilt ya :)

so hows the hand now? it's been a few more months?

Its been about 7 months now, I still don't have much use in the hand. I have enough to type. When I am shooting a pistol, I have to put it in my left hand(shot hand) to chamber a round, and then put it in my right hand to shoot. I am right handed and shoot right handed, I can use my left to chamber a round, but it involves pointing the pistol to the side, which is not safe.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
was this a Remington 700?
did you buy it new or used and has anyone worked on it?

I respectfully disagree. Several years ago, I was deer hunting, I loaded up my Remington .270 When I drove the bolt home the gun fired. Scared the crap out of me, first thing was to check down range to see if there was any possibility that I might have accidentally shot someone or something. Luckily I was far enough out in the boonies that everything was fine. Later I discovered that there was a design flaw that sometimes allowed the rifle to fire as a shell was chambered.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its been about 7 months now, I still don't have much use in the hand. I have enough to type. When I am shooting a pistol, I have to put it in my left hand(shot hand) to chamber a round, and then put it in my right hand to shoot. I am right handed and shoot right handed, I can use my left to chamber a round, but it involves pointing the pistol to the side, which is not safe.

That sucks dude, sorry to hear.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Turn your body 90 degrees to the right.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's the Hokey Pokey.

Since he has to turn the gun parallel to work the slide he could turn to the right to keep the barrel down range to work the action.....of course, he's got to remember to keep his finger off of the trigger.

whoa hey now aren't ya askin a little much? 1 step at a time here. what do you think this is?

briarcreekguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, it was a Remington 700. I bought it used out of a pawn shop. I don't know if anyone had ever worked on it, it looked like it had spent most of it's life riding around in a gun rack in someones truck. There were indentations on the stock corresponding to the rack. I no longer owned the rifle when I discovered the information about accidental discharge.

Latest posts

Top Bottom