Adrien Peterson indicted for child injury on Texas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Vikings running back and former Oklahoma star Adrian Peterson has been indicted on charges of child injury in Texas.

Minnesota has deactivated Peterson for this week's game against New England in lieu of the developments.

Multiple reports have said the charges are for "reckless or negligent injury to a child." Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network is reporting the indictment stems from Peterson disciplining his 4-year-old son with a switch. According to Rapoport, Peterson testified in front of a grand jury weeks ago.

Share this StoryTweetFacebookEmail

Peterson was indicted on Thursday in Montgomery County.

Fox Sports' Jay Glazer said Peterson has cooperated with law enforcement and has to turn himself in to authorities.

This is not the first child-related incident that has impacted Peterson.

In October of last year, Peterson's two-year-old son died from injuries he suffered from abuse in Sioux Falls, S.D. Joseph Robert Patterson was charged with aggravated battery of an infant and aggravated assault.

If all he did was spank his child with a switch and he got arrested for that people need to really back him. I used to get whipped all the time with switches. But of course nowadays if you breath on a kid it is child abuse. Or if someone actually does seriously abuse a child here the child never gets taken and the parents get to continue beating the child until it dies. It seems they want to punish the innocent and let the guilty ones continue abusing their children.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If all he did was spank his child with a switch and he got arrested for that people need to really back him. I used to get whipped all the time with switches. But of course nowadays if you breath on a kid it is child abuse. Or if someone actually does seriously abuse a child here the child never gets taken and the parents get to continue beating the child until it dies. It seems they want to punish the innocent and let the guilty ones continue abusing their children.
[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

Make your own decisions. This kid was 4 years old.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The pictures look bad but in person who knows what they look like. All I know is I had huge bloody whelps a time or 2. Especially from my grandma. Maybe he just got too upset and forgot his strength. I ain't takin up for what he did. Just stating that I and I am sure others have been whipped to the point where it left bloody whelps. Would I do that to my son, no. But I would whip his rear end. Fortunately I don't have to do that all that often. My son is a pretty good kid. And he is also 9. Either way this ain't a good deal.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd guess that in person it looks liked he whipped the **** outta that kid. To the point where prosecutors believe it's abuse. If you leave boody welts or cut marks, I'd tend to agree its abuse.

Even if Grandma did and you turned out ok, it's still abusive. It doesn't excuse treating four year olds this way.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My mother would give me a damn butcher knife and make me go cut the switch. One time I was feeling like a young stud and cut a big limb, not a switch..Gave it to her and said here Momma, just go ahead and beat me to death..."Good idea" was her reaction....Never made that mistake again. But that was about 50 years ago so it must have not been permanent damage..

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My mother would give me a damn butcher knife and make me go cut the switch. One time I was feeling like a young stud and cut a big limb, not a switch..Gave it to her and said here Momma, just go ahead and beat me to death..."Good idea" was her reaction....Never made that mistake again. But that was about 50 years ago so it must have not been permanent damage..

:rotflmao: I :heart: your mom!

Latest posts

Top Bottom