Advice On An Economically Friendly 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im a student so funds are short but im also about to buy a Mossberg (maybe this week) and am actively searching for my first Glock as well, so im looking for an entry level 1911.

Any suggestions for an entry level 1911 that has most of the qualities the weapon is known for, but with a friendlier price tag?

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lol looks like its unanimous. There is a reason why they dont cost as much as a Colt or Kimber you fellas mind telling what that reason is?

Do they use cheaper materials, not as reliable, accurate, or are those for people who dont care about who the maker of the gun is?

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lol looks like its unanimous. There is a reason why they dont cost as much as a Colt or Kimber you fellas mind telling what that reason is?

Do they use cheaper materials, not as reliable, accurate, or are those for people who dont care about who the maker of the gun is?

My dad and brother both have RIs. Neither one have had any feeding problems, and very accurate. I think they feel the group of people who want a 1911 but dont want the price tag that comes with the big name. I would spend the extra and get the Tactical. I think my dads was about $430 with free shipping on gunbroker. It has the extra features you will want and has a better finish, They do have a 2-tone finish out, I havent seen one in person but they look good in the pictures

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will throw another vote out for RIA. There are so many people out there with them who are happy. The reason they are cheaper is they are made in the Philippines.

Don't expect extended or ambidextrous thumb safety, beveled mag wells, machined front or back straps, etc. They are pretty basic unless you start adding more options, in which case the price starts getting to where other MFG's are and RIA starts to lose its appeal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom