AirBnb anyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback from everyone so far! Made a run to Elk City today, and stopped by Walls on a whim, they ended up having a dozen+ pairs of waders! Bought a pair for my wife and myself, got them for 40% of "normal price"...feeling like its a good omen :)
We will be in Pagosa Springs for 2 weeks in July and 3 months in Antonito this summer. If your near by, we could visit for a spell.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dad and another fella would stock up on horses right before trail riding season came on. The other fella drove all over the surrounding states buying horses. Then he'd pull into our place, unload 10 or 15 and take off on another horse buying trip. Dad had my brother and I being test pilots riding all the horses to evaluate which way they would be sold. Some would qualify for the dude ranch, some could be sold in the paper to local folks to ride, some might be good enough to ranch on and some got on the next trailer headed for a sale barn. Dad had the Canon City rodeo grounds leased at the time so we had plenty of pens and facilities to sort em, ride em and brand em. I think Dad sold 100 geldings one month.

We lived between Penrose and Canon at the time. We sold a couple horses to a fella that had a ranch out of Canon on Garden Park Rd and we ended up moving out to that place and working there.
Did you notice some horses were more adaptable to mountain trails and some that just didn't work out for mountain riding?
Some guys from Ponca take mules to ride up there in the Gunnison area. Said their flat land horses would kill you.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did you notice some horses were more adaptable to mountain trails and some that just didn't work out for mountain riding?
Some guys from Ponca take mules to ride up there in the Gunnison area. Said their flat land horses would kill you.
For sure! You need a horse that is focused on where he's stepping.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We will be in Pagosa Springs for 2 weeks in July and 3 months in Antonito this summer. If your near by, we could visit for a spell.
Dennis, shoot me a pm if ya want on when you'll be there, hope we can get down to Pagosa at some point since we ended up a couple hours north of there or so, may depend on how the fishing goes :)

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My son air b&b'd a 5 BR home in Albuquerque last thanksgiving for all 11 of us. We left it spotless. Owner tried to bill him for a cracked granite countertop and some other stuff. We were lucky to have pics from the kitchen of everyone that in the background one could see the crack. Long story short a 4000 charge was reduced to 250 by air b&b but my son refused to pay that too. He no longer will use that vendor for such things. TAKE PICS of any and all damage of a place before you occupy it. Hassle is not worth it otherwise.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another issue with AirBnb and other sites like them lately is with is their security camera policies. They say cameras in common areas. IE kitchen, living room and shared spaces.

Latest posts

Top Bottom