AK47 Canted FSB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrafikDihzahyn

New to the site!
Reaction score
I recently received an AK, Arsenal SLR107FR, and it's FSB is slightly canted to the right. Are there any AK smiths here in OKC that can take a look and possibly straighten it out (re-pin etc.)? I thought about sending it to Arsenal, but there are a lot of stories about them sending the rifle right back unfixed, saying that it's 'within spec' or some bs. Bad customer service reviews etc.

Thanks for the help.

Kyle78

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take a wood mallet to it till its straight. You don't need a smith, AK's were made to be worked on by uneducated peasents ffs.

Beau

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't take a mallet to it!! I cant copy the link from my phone but go on youtube and search how to fix a canted front sight. its easly done by yourself with a few tools. after watching some videos if you still dont think you can do it you may want to try two rivers arms.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wait, Wait ,Wait....does it affect the sight picture?

I have one that is...shoots fine (with a little adjustment)
Doesnt co witness with the red dot, so I put 45* mounts on it ...prob solved... (lol gangsta style)

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fix it yourself. I had a WASR with a bad cant to it. Used a wood mallet to straighten it up. Works perfect. It's a Ak FFS :gun1:

No, an SLR-107FR is a +/- $1000 rifle, FFS. I don't blame the guy for not wanting to beat it with a mallet. That method can work, but I wouldn't perform it on that rifle. Better to do it right.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can you take a picture of the cant? Just to see how bad it is. If it's mild, it's not a big deal. If it's extreme, I would recommend taking it to a smith. I'd hate for you to F up your $1k rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom