AK47 question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neginfluence04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ai187.photobucket.com_albums_x162_davidelowester_AK47_003.jpg

ai187.photobucket.com_albums_x162_davidelowester_AK47_010.jpg

what type of side mount does this AK use I have a wasr and i have no idea what style mount it uses???

bink98xcab

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
both will work , the difference in the two i see is that one had a quick detach. an ak scope mount is all you need, there is 2 styles that i know of, they make a single rail similar to those in the links that are less tactical w/ just a rail on top. and one that replaces the top cover, i would go with the first style

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Trying to decide if you want to buy that one in the Classifieds? ;)

It's just a standard AK side-mount rail. I agree with bink, the first one you linked to would be better IMO. If you're looking to mount a red-dot sight or scope, you might check out these optics. They might be more stable than a sight mounted on a mount mounted on a side rail :anyone:

septic_shock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Also check out kalinkaoptics. They have a sweet illuminated 4x24 POSP scope with 400m 7.62x39 range finder that side mounts directly to the side mount. I've been eyeballing this for a while, and I think that I just have to get one myself

Latest posts

Top Bottom