All ar owners to register with BATF

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tulsamal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think this might be where it's headed. Black rifles fall under an NFA type restriction. This would certainly be "reasonable gun control" in the anti's eyes.

I can see how the Left would like this idea but IMO it couldn't be done acting under the authority of the 1934 NFA. Those restrictions are all based on actual functional differences. The things that are taxed (and therefore registered) are defined. It's the same problem the Left ran into back in 94 when they tried to explain how there was a functional difference between an AK and an M1 Carbine. Or a Remington 742. They eventually just made a list of "evil features" and then said anything with too many of those was an assault weapon. By definition.

But ATF can't just start enforcing the 1934 NFA to include "something else." At the very least, there would have to be legislation passed to add onto it. And, once again, how are they going to separate "sporting semi-autos" from the scary black ones? Really... the only legal way to do it that makes any sense is to just add all semi-autos. Avoid the whole cosmetic problem. The fun thing (from our point of view) is that FINALLY a bunch of fence sitting hunter types would be forced to wake up. If their beloved semi-auto deer rifle or semi-auto shotgun is included with the evil stuff, maybe we gain a few million more supporters.

Gregg

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't watch Bill O'Reilly, but I was sitting at my computer Monday night and because of what's going on, I turned on Fox and Bill was talking to a 2A guy, Bill kept referring to the "AK-15", that we don't need them to hunt with, nobody he knows hunts with an "AK-15", he said handguns are ok for us to own in his most cynical tone, but not AK-15 (thank you for your permission Bill). Really, the guy who wrote Killing Lincoln and Killing Kennedy? Maybe he ought to write a book on killing the 2nd Ammendmant, maybe he'll learn something.

Disclaimer: I haven't read Killing Lincoln or Killing Kennedy and I don't care to.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't watch Bill O'Reilly, but I was sitting at my computer Monday night and because of what's going on, I turned on Fox and Bill was talking to a 2A guy, Bill kept referring to the "AK-15", that we don't need them to hunt with, nobody he knows hunts with an "AK-15", he said handguns are ok for us to own in his most cynical tone, but not AK-15 (thank you for your permission Bill). Really, the guy who wrote Killing Lincoln and Killing Kennedy? Maybe he ought to write a book on killing the 2nd Ammendmant, maybe he'll learn something.

Disclaimer: I haven't read Killing Lincoln or Killing Kennedy and I don't care to.

He also tried to explain that Christianity isn't a religion.... I'm not sure his wiring is up to "code."

BadKarma

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can see how the Left would like this idea but IMO it couldn't be done acting under the authority of the 1934 NFA. Those restrictions are all based on actual functional differences. The things that are taxed (and therefore registered) are defined. It's the same problem the Left ran into back in 94 when they tried to explain how there was a functional difference between an AK and an M1 Carbine. Or a Remington 742. They eventually just made a list of "evil features" and then said anything with too many of those was an assault weapon. By definition.

But ATF can't just start enforcing the 1934 NFA to include "something else." At the very least, there would have to be legislation passed to add onto it. And, once again, how are they going to separate "sporting semi-autos" from the scary black ones? Really... the only legal way to do it that makes any sense is to just add all semi-autos. Avoid the whole cosmetic problem. The fun thing (from our point of view) is that FINALLY a bunch of fence sitting hunter types would be forced to wake up. If their beloved semi-auto deer rifle or semi-auto shotgun is included with the evil stuff, maybe we gain a few million more supporters.

Gregg

Good points for sure. At this stage of the game I can see many "attempts" at just about anything. It's the confusion over what's what that you mentioned that I fear will eventually lump everything together. That and, in my opinion, the ATF has far too much authority on what is good and what is bad. It's an agency that is out of control in my opinion and operates with minimal if any restraint. Public sentiment could easily help their efforts or at least help hide them. I do fully agree with your comment regarding hunters. I know several that are adamant that the ugly guns have no place and need to go. They however don't realize their beloved hunting rifles and or shotguns are identical as far as function and eventually would meet the same fate. Gun owners need to unite because we are all on the radar regardless of our weapons preference at this stage of the game.

OliverKlohzoff

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Gregg

OK then, I have the solution !!!! The "not-too-scary" Bushmaster :

farm3.static.flickr.com_2707_4531857405_7bc87b9103_o.jpg

jayhawkclint

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Assault Weapon REGISTRATION is the first step to assault weapon CONFISCATION.

Concur.

I tried to buy my first AR yesterday. I've filled out a lot of FFL forms over the years, even a couple import "assault rifles" pre-ban back in the early '90s, and yesterday was the FIRST TIME EVER that I have had one "Delayed." Coincidence? Not sure why or what it means, but I have to wait 3 days for disposition. I went home feeling like a criminal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom