All ar owners to register with BATF

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gonewithwind

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
News is pushing views of all angles, and more some angles than other. Political opinion of one is that ar's are ok but ALL owners should be registered and watched from a Federal stand point. Thinking if you scratch your butt and don't wash your hands, you violated something, Feds seize your guns and now a track record for life. Yes, I know I adlibed a bit but all hog wash. I am hoping there is enough organization and support for the 2nd amendment to keep plugging on. My sence of realism says there will be some sort of restrictions placed whether it be similar to Brady bill or more restrictive.

Gonewithwind

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heard the political stand point that all at owners to register with BATF as strong suggestion (has not been put into proposal form that I am aware of) from Fox news tonight between 7:30 and 8.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bloomberg gave 40 recommendations, one of the was the multiple purchase reporting, wonder what the other 39 were?

[A pro-gun control mayors' group co-chaired by New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg has pushed the Obama administration since 2009 to adopt 40 recommendations it said were allowed under existing law.

One of the 40 has been put into effect, said Mark Glaze, director of Mayors Against Illegal Guns, and even that recommendation - requiring gun dealers to report sales of multiple semiautomatic weapons - drew heated resistance.

In 2011, when the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) adopted a version of the recommendation aimed at dealers in states near the U.S.-Mexico border, gun makers sued and congressional Republicans tried to eliminate funding for the rule.

A judge upheld it, allowing it to go into effect. The case is now on appeal.]

http://news.yahoo.com/even-without-...RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANob21lBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25z;_ylv=3

OliverKlohzoff

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What if they just moved "assault rifles" like AR's and AK's to the same class as fully automatic weapons ? I haven't heard this one yet but it sure would be easier for them to do.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If the anti's had their way, it would be either total surrender of all guns or registration of all firearms the same as they do with NFA now.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What if they just moved "assault rifles" like AR's and AK's to the same class as fully automatic weapons ? I haven't heard this one yet but it sure would be easier for them to do.

I've heard suggestions of that somewhere recently, it would be an "administrative action" and not require a new law.

Latest posts

Top Bottom