Alot-o-brass

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Okay, lack of knowledge here has us a little concerned. are you wanting to reload this? depriming and cleaning brass is only the tiniest first part of a larger process. With prices coming down on 223/5.56, the craze to reload it is waning.

Swaging primer pockets is required for military brass. Military 5.56 primers are crimped in place. Since you have commercial brass, this step won't need to be done.

Really, without the other equipment, powder, primer, bullets and a loading manual there's no reason to get the brass ready. I would encourage you to start collecting the other parts of the process first. Leave the once fired brass in a bag. It will wait. First step is to get a manual and read up.

Good luck, feel free to ask questions. we just don't want to see a new reloader hurt, or worse.

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea, do you think some one would help me reload some good rounds after I get my sniper upper built? Like I bring over the parts and a pizza and we load some rounds.

mach1soldier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea, do you think some one would help me reload some good rounds after I get my sniper upper built? Like I bring over the parts and a pizza and we load some rounds.

There are some people that wouldn't mind helping you I'm sure but you need brass, bullets, primers, and powder of your own.

I also highly recommend getting a book so you have some knowledge beforehand. You can hurt yourself loading rifle rounds. Never trust anyone but yourself. Read first and then get some mentorship.

Just my .02

Latest posts

Top Bottom