Am I crazy, or am I just missing something?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been trying to sell an HRR .22LR for awhile now. I bought it from a buddy in VA, he needed the cash and I didn't want him to get raked at a pawn shop. I gave him $140 for the gun and some ammo.

I understand that these are cheap-er mass produce .22 guns, and that one website on the entire internet sells them for $129 new when you google search it.

I also understand that per Heritage's website, these come new with a .22LR and a .22 magnum "magazine"(don't flame me too hard, I can't remember or don't know the correct term for a revolver).

All that said, am I being too unreasonable asking $100 for the gun alone? It's in great condition, my buddy bought it new and it has 44 rounds down the barrel. Is the gun market just that bad? Are these guns just that bad?

I'm not trying to plug myself here, just trying to understand why I'm getting offers like $85 for it. All I'm trying to do is get the last $100 for another rifle purchase, and I'm running short of wtf when I read pm's. . .

papal

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know it's obvious but sometimes it helps to just hear it from someone else......the "market" is not a set price, it's simply what someone is willing (and able) to pay.

The hard truth is nobody cares what you need the money for, that's your problem. The bottom line is whoever buys it has to feel like they're getting good value for their cash...and if that's not the case, then a price drop or adding more value...i.e. extras, mags, optics, etc.....is what you need to move it.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If Im looking to buy a used gun, I don't care if it has 20K rds through it as long as it is in good shape, been taken care of and the price is reasonable. If this rifle is 129 new and you want 100 for it, I would pay 30 more and buy it new.

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know it's obvious but sometimes it helps to just hear it from someone else......the "market" is not a set price, it's simply what someone is willing (and able) to pay.

The hard truth is nobody cares what you need the money for, that's your problem. The bottom line is whoever buys it has to feel like they're getting good value for their cash...and if that's not the case, then a price drop or adding more value...i.e. extras, mags, optics, etc.....is what you need to move it.

I understand market logic, and that what I'm using the money for is my problem. I'm just trying to understand what makes one gun become so cheap in comparison to other similar items.

If Im looking to buy a used gun, I don't care if it has 20K rds through it as long as it is in good shape, been taken care of and the price is reasonable. If this rifle is 129 new and you want 100 for it, I would pay 30 more and buy it new.

I should have clarified, since it's hard to say things in net-speak. "I understand that one site, out of the thousands of gun sites on the internet, has or had this same pistol for cheaper than anywhere else on the internet at least one time and Google cached it." I'm of the same logic, and would regularly spend twice as much for something that's new over used so that I know I'm the first user.

if you weren't in Tulsa I'd take that heritage off your hands. I have one that I only got the 22wmr cylinder for and everybody I have let shoot mine loves it....

or if you would trade for another cheapie gun let me know....

That's the other thing I run into, everyone that wants it is a $30 gas trip away :D. Appreciate the offer Zombie, I understand noone really wants to come to Tulsa, and I've only lived here a year hehe.

JonnyRocco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think $100 is a bargain. I would gladly buy it if Duncan was just a little closer to Tulsa. I am 3-4 hours away and never go that way. Even if I made it to Tulsa, I would probably get lost. Give it some time, sounds like it would make a great 1st shooter for someone.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If its a heritage rough rider. you are just not advertising correctly.
there was a thread on here a month ago or so that a dozen people or more were wanting one for around $100. if its like new like you said, it should sell quick.
It might just be the time of year, more people are interested in spending their extra $100 on hunting stuff instead of a plinker. As we get closer to christmas more people will be interested.

I put in a call to see if the gun club would be interested in it for their monthly raffle prize. but I won't hear anything til tonight.

Slack

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am also interested in the RR, but Tulsa is to for me too. It seems that you are in the wrong part of the state. Now I don't know you personally, but you may be crazy but I don't think it has anything to do with this revolver ;-)

Latest posts

Top Bottom