Am I unreasonable or is this an idiot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been noticing the same thing big time. I don’t have Facebook but occasionally I’ll use my wife’s to search for old Toyotas or motorcycles or boats for sale. I’m always shocked how many of the adds have no information or flat out incorrect information. Then when you message them they reply back with the most vague BS imaginable. Big nope for me
yep been looking for a better boat trailer. messaged 1/2 dozen people not one message back.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been noticing the same thing big time. I don’t have Facebook but occasionally I’ll use my wife’s to search for old Toyotas or motorcycles or boats for sale. I’m always shocked how many of the adds have no information or flat out incorrect information. Then when you message them they reply back with the most vague BS imaginable. Big nope for me
Probably inherited and don't know what they have. It's pretty common.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not much of story teller so it will be short.
I bought two nearly new Abu Garcia 5500 C3 (Made in Sweden) for $40 for the pair. The man said he couldn't cast em. I said Okay Thank you.

If I posted the way you do Steve wouldn't need half the bandwidth to run this place ... 😉😂😂

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man I can be real bad about getting back to people or remembering to hit someone up. But I always give coherent, solid information. I don’t understand what happens when I get messages back that sound like the person is blackout drunk falling down the stairs while writing the message.

My two favorite sales experiences actually have nothing to do with that though.

I was selling a car, had a guy hit me up and ask:

“do you still have this?”.

I told him,

“yes, you wanna come look at it?

He responds “no” and then blocks me. Wtf.

Same car I was selling, it was priced at $33k if I remember right. Was well under blue book. Had a guy reach out to me, ask if I would take $16k because “that’s all it was worth”. I told him to hit me up when he found the rest of the money, he called me an idiot. A week later he offered me $12k, lol. I thought for sure he was kidding, but I honestly think he was serious.

Last edited:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man I can be real bad about getting back to people or remembering to hit someone up. But I always give coherent, solid information. I don’t understand what happens when I get messages back that sound like the person is blackout drunk falling down the stairs while writing the message.

I told him,

Same car I was selling, it was priced at $33k if I remember right. Was well under blue book. Had a guy reach out to me, ask if I would take $16k because “that’s all it was worth”. I told him to hit me up when he found the rest of the money, he called me an idiot. A week later he offered me $12k, lol. I thought for sure he was kidding, but I honestly think he was serious.
Unfortunately, this is the new way to conduct business evidently, because I’ve been getting the same kind of low ball offers on some stuff I sold recently.
If I‘m interested in something someone is selling, I will make an offer, but I’m not going to blatantly insult the seller. If I think something is way overpriced, more than likely I just move on and won’t even bother contacting the seller.

Bravo1413

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I told him,

I think it’s because everything is on line now. Easy to be stupid or insulting without looking the person in the eye. They wouldn’t have the ba@@s to do it in person. Put an add on Facebook and all the idiots with no life of there own have to respond.IS THIS STILL AVAILABLE even if you put in the add will not respond to it. It’s sad out there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom