Am I unreasonable or is this an idiot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rhetorical question .........

Yesterday, I see an ad on SW OK Marketplace. (I-35, West to State line and South of I-40, BIG area)

Ad: For Sale, several rods and reels, Shimano, Shakespeare, Abu. $10 and up

(That's it, entire ad)

I send a message. @12:21

What do have? Pics. Prices. Where?

He quickly responds, @12:27
I have several, come look. If interested in any, I'll come up with a price.

I start typing and decide to not respond.

@5:22 he sends a thumbs up with I am waiting for a response

I do not respond

@11:05 today he sends,

1001 Street

@11:15

Lawton

I am struggling with myself.
Respond? Don't respond? Give the moron a lesson in sales?
Today's mood; no response, see what he does. I don't need the drama.

If you want to sell something, SELL IT.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
likely busy and didn't read your response well. It happens. If that is too far, then say thanks too far of a drive or whatever. I wouldn't give it a whole lot of thought of a sales critique.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lots of people that attempt to sell stuff online aren’t ”salesmen”. In my experience, it’s pointless to overthink a deal like that. If you legitimately want what the guy is selling, then pursue a deal, but if not, just let it go. Trying to “educate” someone on sales etiquette, is more than likely not going to be received well.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rhetorical question .........

Yesterday, I see an ad on SW OK Marketplace. (I-35, West to State line and South of I-40, BIG area)

Ad: For Sale, several rods and reels, Shimano, Shakespeare, Abu. $10 and up

(That's it, entire ad)

I send a message. @12:21

What do have? Pics. Prices. Where?

He quickly responds, @12:27
I have several, come look. If interested in any, I'll come up with a price.

I start typing and decide to not respond.

@5:22 he sends a thumbs up with I am waiting for a response

I do not respond

@11:05 today he sends,

1001 Street

@11:15

Lawton

I am struggling with myself.
Respond? Don't respond? Give the moron a lesson in sales?
Today's mood; no response, see what he does. I don't need the drama.

If you want to sell something, SELL IT.
I've been selling off some of my older clothes to make way for newer, slimmer clothes. I have had a few really easy deals (including a great one with @Mr.Glock ), but yesterday I just had nothing but idiots.

I have a pair of Carhartt overalls that literally have never been worn and listed for $40. Someone offered to buy them for $30 yesterday and I told them I could meet them at the Walmart near me. He sent a link for some address in N. Norman that I didn't recognize. I told him I'm not sure where that is, we can stick to the Walmart I suggested. He agreed and said he'd meet me there after he got off work. I asked what timeframe that would be and he said between 1 - 3 pm. Not sure why such a span, but oh well, I work from home and the meeting place is not far from home. I tell him to give me a 30 minute heads up and he says ok. 1:00 comes and goes, no contact. 2:00 comes and goes, no contact. 2:45 comes and I send him a message saying "so, are you still wanting to meet up and get the overalls?" Freaking crickets. Never heard from the douche. Talks me down (on brand new Carhartts) and then just plain flakes.

Then, I found a pair of jeans that I was going to buy with the money I had planned on making from selling the overalls. Set up a planned meet time of around 4pm. 3:30 comes around and I ask what exact time and where. Freaking crickets.

What the freaking h8ll people. I'm just trying to fill out my wardrobe now that I'm a bit skinnier.

That being said, for the most part, when buying/selling on Facebook marketplace I've had mostly positive results. On OSA, absolutely positive results. Never once had an issue.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been selling off some of my older clothes to make way for newer, slimmer clothes. I have had a few really easy deals (including a great one with @Mr.Glock ), but yesterday I just had nothing but idiots.

I have a pair of Carhartt overalls that literally have never been worn and listed for $40. Someone offered to buy them for $30 yesterday and I told them I could meet them at the Walmart near me. He sent a link for some address in N. Norman that I didn't recognize. I told him I'm not sure where that is, we can stick to the Walmart I suggested. He agreed and said he'd meet me there after he got off work. I asked what timeframe that would be and he said between 1 - 3 pm. Not sure why such a span, but oh well, I work from home and the meeting place is not far from home. I tell him to give me a 30 minute heads up and he says ok. 1:00 comes and goes, no contact. 2:00 comes and goes, no contact. 2:45 comes and I send him a message saying "so, are you still wanting to meet up and get the overalls?" Freaking crickets. Never heard from the douche. Talks me down (on brand new Carhartts) and then just plain flakes.

Then, I found a pair of jeans that I was going to buy with the money I had planned on making from selling the overalls. Set up a planned meet time of around 4pm. 3:30 comes around and I ask what exact time and where. Freaking crickets.

What the freaking h8ll people. I'm just trying to fill out my wardrobe now that I'm a bit skinnier.

That being said, for the most part, when buying/selling on Facebook marketplace I've had mostly positive results. On OSA, absolutely positive results. Never once had an issue.
what size are the carhartt's?

Latest posts

Top Bottom