Ammo pool.......Sorta

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
yeah, something that really sucks at Wally World is that ammo is one of the things that they WILL NOT sell tax exempt.

I don't know if that is for every class of tax exempt (like DAV) or not, but I tried and it is in the computer.

Guns can be bought tax exempt, but not ammo (or alcoholic products).

Dave

Yep, if you have a farm tax card, you can buy a firearm without tax for predator control at the farm. That doesn't apply to a $9000 Kreigoff trap gun.

Maybe a cheap mossburg, or Rem.

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
yeah, something that really sucks at Wally World is that ammo is one of the things that they WILL NOT sell tax exempt.

I don't know if that is for every class of tax exempt (like DAV) or not, but I tried and it is in the computer.

Guns can be bought tax exempt, but not ammo (or alcoholic products).

Dave

The Wal-marts in Tulsa either must have different rules or dont comply with them.

My dad is a disabled vet and is tax exempt. Ive seen him buy ammo several times tax exempt.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i like this idea as I've been trying to find ammo at Walmart too but I cant catch a break. I only want some lowly .22LR lol. Anyone with a brick or two who could stand to not have I would love it. Right now .22 is about the only caliber I'm willing to shoot.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yeah, I was thinking about this also.

here was my concern, let's say that I pick up some ammo marked at 12.97 a box.
After tax, that comes to around 13.60 a box.
Is it reasonable for me to ask 15 a box? To cover my gas and outlay of capital?
Or is someone gonna b!tch at me for trying to cover costs?

Dave

Some people are always going to b1tch. I don't worry about those people.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah I was at the WM in delcity this am and there were three boxes of remmy 22lr 225 packs and I was going to buy all 3 but a lady was there looking for some also so I let her get one pack from the store. Next time though lol!!!!
I also went by Del City WM and saw 2 boxes of Rem GB 225ct 22lr. While waiting for a employee to help me another customer approach the ammo glass and searched all the 22, 9mm, 40, 45 spots and even slipped around and checked the overstock, every spot was empty except the 22lr. Employee showed up asked can i help you and i said ill take two 225ct box of 22lr. The other guy lets out squalls (with an almost begging-like for me to not buy them) thats what I was gonna get. Just as i was about to give one box up he sees them stacked behind each other with 8 more behind the two I bought. I was a little curious to how many he wanted so I lagged behind. Employee ask to help him. He says Ill take the rest. If thier was a ammo pool I probaly would have bought a couple boxes to pass on to someone needing ammo. I bought 2 boxes for a grandson that just got a CZ 452 Scout rifle for Xmas.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tulsa walmart at admiral and memorial had 4-5 cases of federal 9mm and a bit of other cal's as of 9:15 this morning.
I only bought 3 - 100packs and left the rest. $21.37 per 100

Latest posts

Top Bottom