Ammo ut oh?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lkothe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Picked up some range brass while shooting IDPA at OC Saturday and upon cleaning and sorting found a hull I'm not sure what happened.

It's a 9mm piece of brass that the front half is belled OUT to .40 caliber................. I'm going to assume that someone misloaded a 9mm into a .40 and fired it????
No splits in the brass etc etc................just weird as can be to see this lil piece of brass with a bigger front end than the back.

DNO

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a .40 S&W case that was "fire formed" to .45 that I keep on my reloading bench as a reminder to pay more attention when at the range. It sits next to the .40 bullet that I had to hammer out of the barrel of my CZ 75B because I apparently forgot to verify a powder charge in that round. I call it my "stupid tax".

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's not uncommon to find that at ranges. People get their ammo mixed up and load a 9 into a .40.

Happened to me with factory ammo at the only match I ever shot. Went with two boxes of .40 factory ammo and, during one of the stages, it was immediately apparent when I squeezed off a shot that something was 'not right.' EVERYBODY knew it. RSO called an immediate halt, I cleared the gun, and we all started trying to figure it out. Sure enough, found a 'belled' 9mm case on the ground.

Latest posts

Top Bottom