And they say Judge's aren't accurate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This was 5 shots from 30 feet, no rest, single action. I thought this accuracy was pretty decent. I'm not some kind of expert shot. I'm pretty sure the one up high was my fault.
[Broken External Image]

Edit: Just realized this was in General. Sorry. If mods want to move to handgun, please do so.

Joe

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been looking at getting a Judge, but I've been waiting it out until after vacation. Plus, I usually try to shoot one before I buy one. That's a good grouping.

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bet the ones who say the judge wasn't accurate are one who think all pistoles should shoot like Bulleye match guns -6 shoots in inch at 50 yds. y2 has a test of a judge with shot,bullet and slugs.

Shifty

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can shoot .410s. The pattern gets huge quick, fast, and in a hurry. The rifling spins whe wad and throws the pattern. Winchester has started making a defensive .410 load in their Supreme Elite line thats designed specificly for the Judge. Its supposed to hold a little tighter, I think theyre using a special wad. Cant beat a judge with birdshot for a snake charmer tho.

OkieBoogaloo

The Trees are Whisperin
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Winchesters got the load im interested in for home defense. I can just see a Saiga .410 with 20 round mag feeding this stuff.

http://www.winchester.com/Products/shotshell-ammunition/supreme-elite/pdx1410/Pages/S410PDX1.aspx
awww.winchester.com_SiteCollectionImages_products_shotshell_PD_PDX1_410_IL_Disperse.jpg

Shifty

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Winchesters got the load im interested in for home defense. I can just see a Saiga .410 with 20 round mag feeding this stuff.

http://www.winchester.com/Products/shotshell-ammunition/supreme-elite/pdx1410/Pages/S410PDX1.aspx

Thats exactly the stuff I was talking about. I read in a gun magazine that Winchester had the Judge in mind when they cooked up that load, although I dont see anything about it being Judge specific on their website. Mabye the author I was reading had some inside info. Who knows.

OkieBoogaloo

The Trees are Whisperin
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thats exactly the stuff I was talking about. I read in a gun magazine that Winchester had the Judge in mind when they cooked up that load, although I dont see anything about it being Judge specific on their website. Mabye the author I was reading had some inside info. Who knows.

I too recall it being designed for the judge. I read that in one of the american riflemans i think, a few months back.

I havn't seen anything about it being judge specific yet. their site doesnt dictate that. If i were popping it through any other gun I'd make sure it could handle the "slugs" before firing. I see no reason why it wouldnt work in a normal shotgun.

The site i provided has a small video clip that shows a standard pattern at varying distances.

They also have a version for 12ga... featuring a 1oz slug and 3 pellets of 00 buckshot...

Shifty

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I too recall it being designed for the judge. I read that in one of the american riflemans i think, a few months back.

I havn't seen anything about it being judge specific yet. their site doesnt dictate that. If i were popping it through any other gun I'd make sure it could handle the "slugs" before firing. I see no reason why it wouldnt work in a normal shotgun.

The site i provided has a small video clip that shows a standard pattern at varying distances.

They also have a version for 12ga... featuring a 1oz slug and 3 pellets of 00 buckshot...

I was thinking I read it in GUNS, but it could have been AR. I get both.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Federal makes a home defense .410 shell that was designed specifically for the Judge. I have a few boxes but didn't have any with me today. I'm interested in seeing what kind of pattern it holds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom