Another Attaboy for Dave at Double D in Stillwater

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ejg

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
This past week Dave took me in to teach me how to "correctly" assemble a LR-308 with accuracy in mind as the key component in this project was a Craddock Precision .308 Winchester Match barrel. Having never built one of these, I thought it prudent to seek guidance and Dave stepped up.

His knowledge of the AR platform was impressive and we had the upper completely assembled in probably 30 minutes. This time would have been much shorter if he would have done it, but he mentored me every step of the way having me do the work along with showing me his "one man"/no jig bolt disassembly trick for checking headspace.

I have begun working up loads and testing and already see this thing will reliably do better than .75 MOA and probably be better than .5 MOA if I do my part with the right load once load testing is done. My eyes are going to be weakest link as they are old and tired like me and a younger shooter might even squeeze a little more juice out of it.

Thanks for your mentoring and patience Dave!

Latest posts

Top Bottom